Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bithday Celebration 4.14.12

Friends . . .
Scott's Birthday Celebration was great. We visited, we laughed, (especially at Scott's tall stories) and we enjoyed some food together. I will do another post in a few days, with some photos.

Luckily I made most of the foods on Friday because after I walked Snickers this morning I had a bit of a mishap. I was getting ready to load the cylinder bird feeder, which has a round ring at the bottom so if a squirrel goes on it, it "flings" the squirrel off and away from the feeder. (fun to watch . . .!) The birds can feed just fine, the weight of the squirrel causes the "fling."

Well, without all the details, I got my ring finger on my right hand caught inside the ring in the midst of a "fling.". Sounds worse than it is. Pain is minimal so far. However . . . I did dislocate the finger dramatically which sent me to emergency.
X-rays showed no break, they straightened my finger, put on a sling and home I came.

The party happened.

My finger swell/grew throughout the day . . . And we could visably see that it had dislocated again. So back to ER, the process all over again. This time a cast was put on to hold the finger in place. (Large cast, finger, hand, up the arm, oh yah . . . It will bring the sympathy big time.) I see a surgeon next week, they may have to pin it to keep the finger from dislocating again.

There you have it. I promised some of you some pictures of the cake and a decorating idea I received from a sassy, classy blogger. I just need a few days of hand rest first and then I will load you up with family photos, crooked finger and fancy cake!

I must say . . . family is more than special any day. But when not up to par, they are fabulous!

Be well my friends . . . and be kind to one another . . .
Love, Lynne




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Home

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, lynne! i'm sorry! that sounds painful (as does 2 trips to the ER for it!)

Razmataz said...

Oh you poor thing! My hubby wont wear his wedding ring for that reason.

Glad the birthday went well though otherwise.

Jill said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds so painful! I'm so sorry. Please take good care and eat up all of the sympathy you can. ;)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

YIKES! Those are painful so keep your arm raised above your heart...helps keep swelling down, take your meds and practice looking pitiful!
Lynne, seriously, feel better soon and take care of that hand/finger.

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Lynne, First you made me laugh with your comment , then you made me wince...We had that same feeder, by Yankee Clipper, and I know exactly how this happened. Please take good care my friend, and give yourself the time to heal. As Roseanne Rosannadanna always said, It's always something! Love, Penny

Jessie said...

Lynne! I can't believe what happened! Hope you are okay! Praying for fast healing for you :)

dee dee said...

Lynne,
I just got home from Ky and am taking a few minutes to catch up on reading some blogs and am so sorry to hear about your finger mishap. I pray that you pain is minimal and that your finger will stay in socket.
Dee Dee

Renee said...

Lynne, all I can say is OUCH!!! It must be terrible not to have the use of your hand for 8 weeks. I prefer ankle injuries, at least I was able to knit, stitch and blog!