Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Bubba Squirrel . . .

 
 
arrived in the back yard yesterday
and I am wondering if this might be the same Bubba
who has taken up residence at the
 
Stop in for a visit with TexWisGirl
and take a look at her February 7 post
'One Last Dose Of Bubba Squirrel'
 
I think you'll agree
Bubba moved to Michigan
~
update on the ice jams in our home
the roof/insulation expert
discovered an entire row
of saturated insulation in the attic

a plumbing vent had been installed incorrectly
with an opened unfinished area to boot
this is in a twenty plus year old home
and our first time ever
having a problem

the soggy insulation has been removed
everything has been cleaned up
and hopefully this temporary fix
will hold us over until

we can reconstruct the plumbing vents
and the roof area
on the back side of our home

and while the roof is open to the elements
we will add more roof vents
more insulation
new roof and shingles
big plans for spring
 
always something isn't there!
~
Until next time, Love, Lynne
 


14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad the problem was diagnosed and now you know what to do when the weather improves.

and i do believe that is bubba's relative, at least! :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Always something, that's a real understatment! I so agree. I'm so tickled to know that Bubba Squirrel is making the rounds and not just in Texas!!

Bonnie said...

So sorry you have had a few house problems this winter. There is never a dull moment when you own a home. Love the little brave squirrel. Bonnie

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a long long winter this has been. I'm glad you were able to get a temporary fix until spring arrives. Chris is outside shoveling AGAIN. Serious cabin fever has struck our house.

Karen Lakis said...

Oh boy, ice dams, this would be the year for them! It definitely looks like Bubba is getting around!

Rose said...

Sounds like you had some real issues...and yes, there is always something to contend with.

Pamela Gordon said...

When you own a house there is always something to be done. I hope the squirrel doesn't eat your birds of house and home. They're pretty greedy.

Unknown said...

I have desired to write something similar to this on my webpage Cccam Server which has given me an idea. Keep working, good post! This was the info I needed to know.

Sarah Huizenga said...

At least the problem was discovered and can be fixed. Yes it stinks, especially when we will have a very mild winter next year, said very hopefully.

Nancy said...

So sorry you are having issues with all of the snow and ice Lynne...

Bubba 2 is adorable. :)

Lynn said...

These roofs should behave in the Winter, we are having major work done next month, hopefully the patch will hold bah humbug. Your squirrel is as beautiful and as chubby maybe he is T's Bubba.

Beth said...

What a mess. I am glad you found a temporary fix. I am visiting you from TexWis girl. I am now following you and I hope that you will come and visit me too.
Beth

This N That said...

Cute Bubba picture..Glad you got to the bottom of the roof problem..Sounds like a major reno in the wings..

eileeninmd said...

Lynne, I am glad the problem is fixed if any temporary.. At least you know what it is now. I think this could be one of Bubba's cousins.. Texas is far away and the real Bubba might not like snow. Have a great evening and week ahead!