Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Little Irish Bird . . .



this little bird and other "littles" just like him
visited the stone wall border
at the Irish cottage we stay in on our Ireland visits

this is a picture from a two thousand seven Ireland visit
and on this trip we had plenty of rainy days, gorgeous rainbows
it is a "given" that you'll have rain in Ireland
but it is a different rain . . . more like a shower . . . then some bright spots
the rains might continue like that off and on all day
and the rainbows are like no other

Crocosmia and Fuchsia are prolific, beautiful oranges and reds.


we rebuilt that stone wall on this trip
gathered stone from around the cottage and the roadways
the little birds were so friendly sitting there eating the crumbs
while we worked away on the wall

that is mister garden house giving me a thumbs up for finishing the wall
those rocks were heavy indeed



a few more views
the first photo was taken from the cottage
looking out toward the garden house onto
Bantry Bay

the final photo is of the road that leads to the garden house and cottage
very narrow road that both "to and fro" cars travel
cars are much smaller there, you just pull over, let the other pass
with hand on the steering wheel
the pointer finger is used to communicate
the moving over and a thank you

~

I will be celebrating my five years of the
Irish Garden House
in these next few weeks with photos and stories from our trips to Ireland.

Little Irish Bird
visits you today along with the many other visitors on Eileen's

~

It's easy to be pleasant when life flows like a song.
But the man worthwhile is the one who can smile
When everything goes dead wrong.

For the test of the heart is trouble and it always comes with years.
And the smile that is worth the praises of earth
Is the smile that shines through tears.

Irish Blessings
RUNNING PRESS
PHILADELPHIA . LONDON

~

Love ~ Lynne

16 comments:

Gail said...

What a wonderful post.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Lynne! I love your cute Irish Robin! The garden and views are just gorgeous. Ireland has been on my bucket list for some time. I hope to visit there someday. Wonderful photos.
BTW, it has been dreary here with rain and chilly temps. It does not feel like spring?
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Pondside said...

*sigh*
How beautiful!
I like the Irish blessing very much and may be inspired to cross stitch it.

Cath said...

I visited my late brother in Ireland a few times and so I can relate to your love of the Emerald Isle.....I also saw my first red robin in Ireland!! Lovely blog.

TexWisGirl said...

so pretty. looks like that little irish bird might be a european robin. :)

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Oh, Irish blessings to you, Lynne. Thanks for sharing your beautiful memories. And congratulations on five years!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

So lovely to see your irish images adni hope the next time you come to Ireland we might consider visiting me in N.Ireand Lynne

A Joyful Cottage said...

I enjoyed this sweet post. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos and your experience in Ireland. Repairing a wall. . .I like that "giving back". xo ~ Nancy

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love seeing your photos from Ireland...it's so beautiful. Looking forward to more photos and your stories!

Jeanie said...

Oh, your sweet European Robin! I'd love to see one!

I didn't realize you had a REAL Little Irish Cottage! I can't wait to see more. Ireland is on my someday-list. I love the music, the heritage. So, can't wait for more!

Maggid said...

Thank you!
It's easy to understand why there are so many magic Irish stories. So much breathtaking beauty . . . .

(see??? many of us are living in "dot land." )

Saimi said...

Oh my gosh! Is this the cutest cottage ever or what. I love everything about this, mainly because it's in Ireland but the scenery and the stone Wow, so incredible, lucky you!!!

Michelle said...

That is a sweet blessing.

bj said...

I adore the blessing, the little bird, the rock wall, the handsome hubby and you.
If I could choose any other country to visit, it would be Ireland. I've always heard it is just so beautiful..the people so friendly....*sigh....maybe someday...one never knows....xo

Optimistic Existentialist said...

A beautiful blessing indeed, and a beautiful bird. It looks like you live in a little piece of paradise :)

baili said...

beautiful writing with beautiful photos loved them enjoyed my visit alot dear