Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Story In Every Little Corner . . .


Hummel Nativity
my mother's
on a one hundred year old family piece of hardanger cloth


angel hair, mercury glass, brush trees. celluloid reindeer, angels, touch of red


santa


"ah friends, dear friends . . .
I have used this piece on our Christmas cards, every year since 1961.
It was on a card sent to us from a teacher and her family.
My first year of teaching.


pine cones and old things


all sorts of ornaments
all sorts of stories


more stories


my grandmother's pearls


saved cards . . . many



all about peace


suzie's first ski down the hometown ski hill
at two and a half
scott was already a six year old pro


memories and legends
(I wonder if the german's even know about this legend.)


do you see the pickle


honor the children



the memories flow
what are your favorite memories


my dad's restrung sleigh bells
~
Merry Christmas Days

14 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is my favorite post! Oh, the photos and the walk through your history. Grandmother's pearls, the sleigh bells, the creche. I understand exactly what you mean when you say everything has a story. It does and I'm so glad you took the time to tell some of yours. I will have to go back and look at every photo again -- and when I do, I think I will be smiling as much as I am right now!

bj said...

I love this....everything...the sleigh bells...wonderful...xoxo

This N That said...

Funny, I have sleighbells as well....your house looks lovely with all of the decor. Sorry your snow has melted but I'm sure that there will be more to come. You've been very busy. I guess it's that time of year. We are supposed to get very cold this weekend ..in the 20s.. it was 50 today. I hope I get my computer back soon I can't remember all the stuff that was on your previous post but I did read it! 😉

Linda said...

What a wonderland you have created Lynne...
Beautiful keepsakes...memories...love♥️
My favorite memories are of Christmases spent at our family cottage as a child...
We would go out with my Dad, and cut down a tree...Mom would be busy...as usual...preparing a feast for us and friends...thanks for allowing me to remember those times...
Enjoy your evening my dear...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Your nativity is beautiful Lynne!

Gail said...

Beautiful.

La Petite Gallery said...

Lovely I enjoyed this.
Wishing you all the best for
a Merry Christmas and Happy new year
Yvonne

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

My sister started doing the pickle thing when all our kids were little. I love your little bottle brush trees and white reindeer. They remind me of decorations we had as kids. -Jenn

Deanna said...

How festive and full your home is for Christmas, filled with memories of Christmas pasts brought to us to enjoy!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I delightful post what you want just through your memories of Christmas past. Thank you for sharing with us today

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love all the Christmas decor. The nativity scene is beautiful. Lovely memories. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

barb said...

Beautiful. Love the memory elements.

Kim said...

Lynne, I love all of your very special treasures. To me those items represent what Christmas is truly all about.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lovely in every way, Lynne. A home filled with love and sweet memories, all expressed in your Christmas decor. Love this post. xo