Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Change In Plans . . .

I was all ready to go out the door for my monday volunteering

when I heard the weather report just as I was about to turn off the tele

freezing rain, roads closed, pile ups

all I needed to hear, changed immediately into my comfies

I have book in hand



it has been days since I have visited you though

so doing this post first

no excuses except

spending time at home

eating better

exercising

cutting back on things

it is my theme for the year

my first cut back was facebook

deactivated

way too much time

feeling responsible to a LIKE button no more



got off track there for a minute

we are off to a good year other than the small fire in

the building where mister irish is managing the renovation

and a few other clitches in the same building

sad to see my guy stressed

he needs me to be his cheerleader right now



and I am doing just that

everything will be okay

everything will be okay

everything will be okay

 


sorry this is such a mix mash of pics

I promise to get back in the groove soon

"little miss imp adorable great grand"
keeps us in smiles
she is wearing her daddy's fleece brought back from Ireland many years ago
such a fun picture
I'm thanking her mommie for this one

~

paraphrased words phrases from

Martin Luther King

I Have A Dream

1963

I say to you today, my friends,

so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow,

I still have a dream.

It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up

and live out the true meaning of its creed:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.”


I have a dream that one day . . .

even in the heat of injustice and oppression

. . . we will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.


I have a dream today . . . one day we will . . .

live in a nation where children

will not be judged by the color of their skin

but by the content of their character.


I have a dream . . . when we allow freedom to ring . . .

from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city,

. . . we will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,


“Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!”


 

 

19 comments:

Michelle said...

Nothing like an unexpected day with a book. I always find it a wonderful thing. I don't do much with Facebook anymore, either. Too much ridiculous stuff.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Silva has a NEW BOOK???!!! Glory! He's a favorite...must call the library and see if they have it. Thanks, Lynne!

Jeanie said...

I like what you call a mishmash of pix, especially you, the grand imp and the bird! And nothing wrong with taking some time for yourself to just be. I'm taking five days out (for travel) later this week and looking greatly forward!

Keep cozy!

Goatldi said...

Good goals for your new year! Hope hubby has stress lessened by you. And What a wonderful photo of the wee one. Love the expression. And thank you for the reminder of Rev. King's words.

weekend-windup said...

Books are good friends than anything else:)

Tanna said...

Glad you are sticking to your plans to take good care of yourself. Oh, I love that your great grand is wearing her daddy's gift from you long ago. That ALWAYS makes my heart twinge a special happy. ;) Your husband is so lucky to have you as his cheerleader, Lynne! May we all be inspired to live a little better by MLKs words. Thank you for sharing them today. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

From the Kitchen said...

I, too, have been forced inside a few days. There is always a book to read and a welcome chance to do so. Adorable little one!!

Best,
Bonnie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

How blessed I am to have you in my life, Lynne! Your guy could not have a better cheerleader than you! I know because you have been cheering me on for ages now. What a great picture of you snuggled up with a good book. I love it. And..AND your little great grand is absolutely adorable!! That is a picture to be framed or even a painting made of it...and hung.
When I read this post and finished with Rev. King's words I was in tears. It should be in the stars across the sky. Equality, so sad that we have to be reminded of our American promise to ALL, not just to those of one race. Thank heavens for people like you who CARE!! Big hugs.
Mona

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good evening Lynne, I was sorry to read that your husband is feeling stressed, but I really feel, with you by his side, he will be right as rain in no time. You have such a wonderful positive nature and it is always a joy to visit you.
Your great grand daughter is adorable.... she has such a beautiful smile, just like her great grandmother.
With warmest wishes.
Daphne

This N That said...

Yes Lynne, EVERYTHING WILL BE OK!! Your little grand is adorable..You've been my cheerleader for a few years now and I so appreciate our friendship..I agree with you about Facebook..I just go thru and "hide, hide, hide." I guess I keep my account because a lot of commenters use it to read my blog :) Snuggling up with a good book was definitely the right choice today..I am way behind..
Great words by MLK..I think we won"t hear any for awhile..xxoo

Sarah Huizenga said...

I keep FB, but I limit myself really well too. A couple creative groups that I am in keep it worthwhile.

bj said...

I just LOVE those kind of days in the wintertime...almost makes me about half mad to see the shining sun day after day...we did have a couple days of light rain this week and I so loved the darkness of those days...baked and napped and ate and baked some more.
Your girly girl is so cute in her daddy's jacket....

Kim said...

Gorgeous girly...and you too!! Good for you, I wish I could deactivate Facebook, too. I am only there for business and even that is too much. Gad you were able to enjoy the snowy day with a book. Safer...

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cute photos of you and your great-grand. She is adorable. It is best to stay inside warm and safe on those cold icy days. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Rachel said...

Lovely pictures! What a pretty little girl. I've been spending some time away from my blog as well, although it's difficult to do anything when it's so gloomy outside!

Pepper Medley said...

Sending you pom poms and a short, cute skirt for your cheerleading duties. xo

Melanie said...

Major kudos to you for deactivating your Facebook page! I am sadly addicted to it. :-( Speaking of exercising and eating healthy...I just made a big pot of veggie soup and now I'm off to go practice yoga and do PT exercises for my shoulder. Have a good week!

Cranberry Morning said...

Lynne, that little ggranddaughter is such a cutie and looks like she could be a handful if she wanted to. Lol. I don't go anywhere in weather conditions like that. Good book, sit by the fire, or more cleaning out. So far I'm on a roll, but lots to do. I think we should all be cheerleaders for our husbands. The MLK speech is timeless. Sometimes I wonder what he would think of how his words often get used or misused for some pet cause.

Anita Johnson said...

Oh, I love this post. I stil like the quiet calm atmosphere of blogging. Facebook is a time waster....and I'm guilty myself. Time to curl up with a book and a dog. Our church is reading the Old Testament through community bible experience. The weather is great for reading.