Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Woodland Flowers . . .

Found a bunch of this blue in the woods a bit ago. Such a pretty blue . . .
Looks like a small violet but think it is something else.
And oh my . . . the ferns are so beautiful right now!

My ostrich ferns are scrumptious . . .

Helebores, Lenten Rose . . . full, many, bunches, varieties . . .
Makes me feel so thankful when these flowering gems return year after year after year.
It's the little things that give such joy . . .

We have a few Rhoddie's in the yard . . .
Used to be a favorite . . . now . . . not so much.
Not complaining though when a huge corner of the yard is a burst of pink . . .

My youngest grand Jordon is a grad . . .


*****

Memorial Day isn't just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives.
Veterans had the fortune of coming home.
For us, that's a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve.
It's a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
Pete Hegseth

11 comments:

MarmePurl said...

Love your little blue...

All the best to the new grad!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Lynne! Your ferns are beautiful. Love all the greenery. Our Rhododendrons have seen their day, I think some of these past winters did a number on them.
Congrats to your grandson! God Bless our soldiers that gave us their lives, they are missed. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Lynne, your gardens and yard look so lush and green. Rhododendrons are beautiful when in bloom but kind of boring after that. :-/ Especially when they start to die out and have bare limbs. You have a handsome grandson. They grow up so fast! I will be taking a blogging break (maybe permanent - see my post today) for the summer. I can't keep up with it anymore. And I'm tired. I'll try to check in now and then and visit. I appreciate your friendship and comments over the years Lynne. God bless. Hugs. Pam

This N That said...

That is Periwinkle..I love your shady haven of lush greenness...Congrats to your grandson..Time for some life changes, I guess.Enjoy your Holiday!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Your gardens are lovely! I love how green and lush everything is right now - A perfect time of year for so many things, a graduation included! Congrats to your youngest Grand, I know how proud you all are of him, as an exciting new chapter begins!

Linda said...

Hey Lynne....
Look at you and that handsome Grand Grad! Nice 💕
That wee blue flower is a variegated Vinca...sweet!
Enjoy your week...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Jeanie said...

Don't you love those little violets, especially when they pop up as a surprise!

It looks like lovely times in your neck of the woods. Lots of pretty, lots of family, loads of love.

Kim said...

Congratulations to Jordan! Big day...big changes ahead. :)

Sarah Huizenga said...

You look fabulous with your grandson!

Tanna said...

Your plants are just gorgeous, Lynne! And, I love the photo of you and Jordan!! Smiles that speak volumes! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Anita Johnson said...

I'm so far behind on blogs.....your gardens, your grandson.....so many joys. I'm going to keep on looking at your blog!