Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Some Very Nice Days . . .

I watched little great grand Oakland for a few hours the other day.
Delightful age, jabbering away like crazy, ready to do, go, be . . .
I said, "should we go cut some flowers" . . .
Yup, shoes back on, out the door we went . . .
(I gave her my "teacher instruction" of how to carry a scissors, POINT DOWN.)
Oakland tried the "correct way to hold the scissors to cut"
so she must have had some instruction along the way about using a scissors!

BUT . . . when I pointed out the first flower to cut,
she held the scissors with both hands and snipped it right off at the top!
So, I let her use that method while showing her where to cut the flowers.

We took the flowers over to a neighbor, she walked right up to the door, knocked,
handed her the flowers, and said, "have a good day!"
Sweet as can be . . . she is very polite . . .

Then we came home to do her favorite thing of late . . .
painting with my water colors . . . she told me she likes "purple" . . .
So we mixed up some purple and she painted big purple blotches . . .

Could life be any better!
(Her mommies photo from another day, not mine.)

*****

On the same day, same time, granddaughter Amanda sent me a text,
wondering if I might like a a visit . . .
How wonderful was that . . . she lives about an hour away . . . works even further.
I said, "love it . . . how about we go walk, sit by the beach . . ."
So, Amanda arrived while Oakland was here . . .
fun for the three of us to paint purple blotches together!
(Reminder: I must get a three generation "girls" picture!)

And then off to the beach . . . fun to be there, watch the volleyball, people, activity!
We visited about life and memories . . . very, very nice relaxing, pleasant time . . .

Then we met up with "mister Irish" at Muskegon's famous Fricano's . . . for pizza.
Amanda's first taste of a Fricano pizza.
A favorite . . . maybe once . . . or twice a year . . .

Then back to the house to look at photo albums . . . and visit some more . . .

*****

The next day I went to the opening day of a new cutting garden . . .
Beautiful curved flowers beds of snapdragones, cone flowers, zinnas, sun flowrs, lavender and more.
I brought my own containers and scissors, no need, everything there, self serve . . .
Four dollars worth of flowers, back home, cut some more flowers from my gardens,
added some ivy, fern and hosta leaves, presto, a few little bouquets . . .

One other person there . . . I hope more arrived later . . . I will return for sure!

*****

Investing in our families, children, grandchildren, greats,
with our time, our thoughts, our caring . . .
is a very fine investment indeed . . .

Happy Summer Days My Friends . . .
Love ~
Lynne

10 comments:

This N That said...

Lovely way to spend a day..Love your bouquets..Nice additions to from your own garden..

Jeanie said...

Oh, I wish there was a cutting garden near me! They would do quite well with my business!

I love Sweet Oakland and the flower story and then to have your granddaughter visit! It sounds like the most perfect time all the way around -- beautiful days with people you love to pieces in a wonderful setting. Much joy!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

That cutting garden looks amazing. I may have to find it on one of my Michigan visits. Sweet story about your sweet little one!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The flowers are as lovely and sweet as your great-grand! What a nice way to spend a summer day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Lynne, what a lovely time with your great-grand Oakland and your granddaughter. A photo of the three of you would have been beautiful. You have a lovely family. The flowers are beautiful, what a neat idea to be able to go and cut your fresh flowers at the garden. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Love this post, Lynne. Happiness, love, joy, summer fun with family. Wonderful cutting garden. A great idea and something I'd enjoy. Happy Monday!

Kim said...

Summer days are made for lazy visits with family, flower cutting and sitting on the beach. Looks like you've got it down. :)

Sarah Huizenga said...

That garden sounds and looks fabulous!

Marge in Michigan said...

Hello, Lynne! So nice to meet you at Mercy Hospital today. It took me a few minutes but your face looked familiar and it finally dawned on me that I read your blog. What a coincidence that you were the volunteer who showed me to the elevator.

I'm going to tell my BFF about the flower garden in Whitehall and we'll go check it out. Thanks for telling me about it. Their flowers couldn't be any prettier than those in your own yard though! Gorgeous!

I enjoyed meeting you, Lynne.

Marge Fraser

Michelle said...

It sounds like the perfect summer for you. Visits with your Grands, flowers, pizza....sounds like heaven to me.