Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2017

I’m Dreaming . . .

It’s beginning . . .
Lights glitzening . . .
Music favorites . . .
Making lists . . .
Fresh green fragrances . . .
Favorite ornaments . . .
Memories . . .

It is all beginning to happen here.
Those darn leaves continue to fall and accumulate.
Five 4-5 hour leaf marathon sessions are getting really OLD.
I get an area cleaned and a wind blast comes along and blows them right back in my face!
Whine, whine, I know . . . but the fun isn’t with leaves right now . . .

So outside I went to trim some boxwood, cedar and spruce . . .
I started arranging my front door boxwood planter.
Mister Irish had it freshly painted and ready for me . . .
A few more touches are needed, I will show you the final look very soon!
I managed to ready five vases with greens . . .
I guess I best be thankful for all these trees and greens.
You won’t see an Oak Leaf wreath from me though!

Fresh cedar at the manager probably isn’t correct, but I think it adds to the charm.
My mother’s Hummel Nativity set on her Hardanger cloth among fresh greens
is one of my first things I bring out from attic storage.
A forever treasure . . .

And then mister Irish brings the rest of my things downstairs and I begin.
Boxes, pine cones, ornaments . . . everywhere.
I am in my realm . . . each box unrapped is a treasure from before . . .
A friend who gave it to me, a friend who made something, a token from far away travels,
an estate or auction find, each bauble has a memory attached to it.
Like the old red and blue antique glass horns . . . no doubt from the early thirties, or
a cross stitch piece made by my daughter when she was in her early high school days.
And the memory piece from Christmas 2000 . . .
plus a one hundred year old crochet cloth, I use for an under the tree skirt . . .
Memories All!

Bit by bit, each piece will find its home for twenty seventeen . . .
I will be back soon with more . . .
I am so happy Irish Garden House is finally back . . . I have missed visiting with you . . .

Wishing you a happy ending to November days
and joyful December memory days . . .

Enjoy this very old piece of Van Briggle pottery holding a few of my oldest ornaments.
Remember . . . to dress your older pieces with new . . . and your new, with your older . . .
Design and create at your hearts content . . .
love ~
Lynne













14 comments:

babs said...

Always such lovely touches.

krishna said...

All the lowly memories!!

Marge in Michigan said...

I'm so glad you're back too, Lynne. You have such a talent for decorating beautifully. I feel the same as you about unwrapping Christmas...memories attached to everything.

Pondside said...

It's fun to bring out the beloved Christmas decorations. Your mother's nativity set looks like mine - Goebels, from Germany. I won't start decorating until after December 1st, and then a little every day. I tend to leave me decorations up until after Epiphany, so start a little later.

molliemax said...

Beautiful Lynne..you have been a very busy lady. the cedar around your manger looks like a tree. Nice touch. I just got rid of my pumpkins and Fall things.. I really have to wait until December to think about Christmas. The spirit has not moved me yet..it has its work cut out for it.
Welcome back!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a battle trying to be rid of those leaves. Living next to a forest here, we just about give up trying. It is fun pulling out all the Christmas decorations. There are so many happy memories attached to all the ornaments. I had hubby pull my decoration down from the attic yesterday, I will start soon. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Linda said...

Hi Lynne...
Lovely lovely lovely!!
I brought some fresh cut greens from the cottage ...must get busy!
I hear you about the leaves!!! Still so many on the trees...and the winds have been very gusty!
Have a great week...happy decorating!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

This N That said...

Darn..wrote a comment and it's gone...Love your spirit..I envy you..I can't have greens in my house..Zoey would make short work of them..May start decorating next weekend..Our trees still have lots of leaves on them..Won't be long though..Glad I don't have to rake them..I blow them once in awhile..

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good evening Lynne, oh those pesky leaves, I will make a wish that they stay put and stop blowing back at you.
I love your handangar tablecloth,it is gorgeous.
I have added one or two Christmas things to my room, but George will be heading for the loft on Friday to bring down all our decorations. To be honest with you I cannot wait. Like you I love unwrapping my decorations and enjoying all the memories associated with each and everyone.
Enjoy your afternoon.
Best Wishes as always.
Daphne

Ida said...

Oh my it all looks so pretty and festive. Loving the red glass horn. We had a green one like that but sadly it got broke a few years ago. - Our tree goes up much later (due to cats) but the outside is all decorated here.

Jeanie said...

I love this, Lynne. Mostly I love that you are feeling well enough to spend time decorating. That creche is gorgeous and I love the cedar with it. Fits perfectly in my book. (There must be cedars in Lebanon and that's not that far from Israel...) My favorite photo is the one with the boxes of things. I should take one like that and never do but it really says it all! Happy CHristmas season.

Beth @ PlantPostings said...

Glad to see you're back! We're holding off on the Christmas decorations for a week--mainly because the weather doesn't seem quite right yet. It's so comfortable and nice out lately--I'm loving it. But I look forward to Christmas, too. Looks like you have some beautiful decorations. :)

Kim said...

Unpacking the memories is my favorite part, Lynne...and I'm with you when it comes to the leaves. Ugh!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love unpacking all my favorite ornaments. I may not decorate much, but the treasured pieces take center stage every year.