Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

Balls, Baubles, Lights . . .

plus snow is falling too . . .
with another “clipper system” on the way . . .

A bit of magic happens with the first snowfall of the season . . . .


The tree you see is a favorite saved tree from the late nineties . . .
The needles fell off, I added lights, store it in the garden house . . .
Once the snow falls, out comes the tree to light the way to the garden house.

The birds have returned and are enjoying our new feeding station . . .


Boxwood and sleds greet family, friends at our front door . . .

We enjoy fresh greens throughout our home . . .
Candle light, freshly cut holly, pine cones, saved cards, treasured ornaments
find places on our tree and in various corners around our home . . .


I have enjoyed painting with water color this past year . . .
A few weeks ago I painted some cards and book marks . . .
I placed the painted cards, book marks inside a large book, to press them flat . . .
I laughed at myself when I went to retrieve the paintings.
They are inside the large book under the nativity . . .
Silly me . . . guess they will save until next year.

Loved finding this seven dollar white, light pink poinsetta at our nearby big box grocery/goods store.
It’s the little things that tickle my fancy . . .
Happy December Days my friends . . .
Love ~
Lynne

18 comments:

Tanna said...

That beautiful poinsettia would tickle my fancy, too!! A bargain for such beauty! Lynne, your home shines with love. I had to chuckle about the watercolors being in the book UNDERNEATH the nativity. Sounds like something I would do. LOL! I LOVE your boxwoods, sled and tree. And, I this is the very first time I have ever seen a bunny Santa. Most interesting! Thank you for the JOY of seeing your balls, baubles and lights! blessings ~ tanna

Sarah Huizenga said...

You go above and beyond in your decorating and it shows. My favorite the tree from the '90's.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I do miss that first snowfall, the quiet and the twinkling lights. Very pretty Lynne!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love your snow scene and the cute tree lit. I know your birds appreciate the feeder station. Lovely decorations around your home, very Christmasy. Have a happy weekend!

Marge in Michigan said...

I enjoyed all the pictures and your beautiful decorating, Lynne, but especially love the Nativity and the pink poinsettia. Have a wonderful weekend!

This N That said...

Such pretty pictures of your elegant decor!! Beautiful Lynne. Chritmassy for sure..xxoo

barb said...

You got snow! Love your garden tree. I may borrow that idea.

Karen Lakis said...

Absolutely lovely! I love the sleds by the door and the hanging basket with lights - and the snowfall is a wonderful bonus!

krishna said...

Love the snow pictures, is the little bird in the snow is real. If it is real, hope it is fine in the thick snow. The outside so cold, but the inside so warm and cozy looking, jut the opposite..

Retired Knitter said...

Love your decorations, but loved the small lighted tree from the 90s. Clever idea.

Kim said...

The first snowfall of the season is magical. I think it even makes the Christmas decorations on the inside seem a little more festive!!

Beth @ PlantPostings said...

Lovely images of winter! You get a lot more snow than we do over here on the other side of the lake--unless we get a storm blowing in from the Plains. We've only had a couple of dustings so far. Your world looks Christmasy and bright! Thanks for sharing the festive scenes.

bj said...

brrr...it is pretty but I got cold looking at the pictures. I am such a sissy girl.
and, I agree...it's generally the little things that I love most.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I know that I'm stating the obvious but snow just makes everything so Christmassy doesn't it Lynne ? We very rarely have snow around Christmas .... it usually arrives around my birthday in February so it was a lovely suprise to get some the other day. I love the lit Christmas tree in the garden ... what a great idea. XXXX

Pepper Medley said...

Love that tree in your yard! I saw something similar at Home Goods a couple of weeks ago and wanted it so badly, but another shopper was checking it out and made the decision to purchase it. Boo hoo me. Guess I should have grabbed it out of her cart and RUN! LOL I am so bad. LMAO

Jeanie said...

This post is wonderful, Lynne. So calm and lovely. It has been snowing all day here and I'm cold, of course. But I have to admit, it is lovely!

Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas Lynne. Everything looks absolutely beautiful. How are you doing? I am out of school an trying to catch up with everyone. I hope you are having a fabulous Christmas. Stay warm and safe. Hugs, Bonnie

A Joyful Cottage said...

Beautiful decorations. I enjoyed seeing more of your home's interior. Happy New Year, Lynne!