Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Not Sure When . . .

came into my writing . . .
and I can’t seem to stop.

Dot Dot Dot
happened
drives me a bit crazy too
I use it often . . .
yes, you know I do . . .

It is never ...
notice the difference . . .

it usually . . . is a pause in thought.

Sometimes there is an !

And often special “attention” is brought with those “ “ . . .

and you’ll also see this ***** usually five . . .
often ***
and special love with ~

it is all in individual creating, we each have a style . . .

*****

Happy NEW YEAR . . .
bringing you a few links today
friends who had some new year words, reflections, postcards
enjoy . . .

*****
#1 . . .
bj spoke to me with her “mistakes” reflection . . .
hop over to her post and you can read her “make mistakes” reflection . . .
It begins like this . . . then check her link out and read the entire “mistakes reflection.”
*****
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world.

2017 was a sad year for her . . . saying goodbye to her Mr Sweet was very tender . . .
I wish I could hug, hold her in person . . .

http://bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com/2018/01/happy-new-year.html

*****
#2
Another reflection was from Penny . . .
the most selfless person I know . . . a golden dear heart . . .
I met her in person soon after I started my blog . . .
Yesterday she posted pictures and the New Year verse below . . .


Health enough to make work a pleasure,
Wealth enough to support your needs,
Strength enough to battle with difficulties and overcome them,
Grace enough to toil until good is accomplished
Charity enough to see the good in your neighbor,
Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others,
Faith enough to make real the things of God,
Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Penny’s blog can be found here:

http://athomeinenglishvalley.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-last-week-of-year.html

*****
#3
and then there is delightful Jeanie . . .
as bright as her blue eyes
an energy unmatched
creative to her core
her whole entire self authentic
a love
one day we too will meet

You can find Jeanie here . . .
http://themarmeladegypsy.blogspot.com/2018/01/last-of-old-year-and-three-winners-for.html

*****
so here we are
2018
twenty eighteen
where will it lead us
enjoy the journey
keep watching for my
. . .
love
lynne

14 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I use ...... and !!!!!! and XXXX far too much but, I don't care !!!!!
Lovely words and thoughts to start off 2018 Lynne. XXXX

Jeanie said...

Oh my! I freaked out to see my big face! Thank you for including me in your list. Especially honored to be there with BJ who really has had a challenging year. I read her, too.

I'm a ... kind of person, usually to connect one sentence to another in my blog when a photo comes between. Such as: "We did this..." (photo) ...and then that! (photo 2!) I'm not allowed to do that in my "real" writing. Or to overuse exclamation points (which has been a problem in letters and emails forever, but I just talk excitedly!) My other thing is the space-dash-dash-space thing -- like what I just did there. Just because commas make it seem too much together. I need to look that up in my AP style book. What a fun post. I need to go meet Penny!

Kim said...

Lynne, you and I are "..." friends. I write like I speak and sometimes, I need a pause. Thank you for sharing these ladies, I am off to read their posts. Stay warm and toasty this week. Baby...it's cold outside! 😉

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I enjoy reading your post. I tend to use the ... and the !!!! a lot too.
Your words are always lovely. Thanks for sharing these lovely ladies and their blogs. I do visit Jeanie often, she is fun too. I look forward to your blog post in 2018, have a fun year making mistakes. I will too. Have a happy day, stay warm!

Tanna said...

I know. And, you know we are not using them "correctly". But, I like the dots... and I like that yours have spaces. . . and mine don't... I think they are a part of our "style" and I get them, even though my English professor would be cringing every. single. time. LOL! Let's keep dotting in 2018! xoxo ~ tanna
ps thank you for the links!!

krishna said...

Loads of hugs.. Happy New Year..

Marge in Michigan said...

Hi, Lynne. I love this post cuz' I use ... and !!! a lot too. I commiserate but love it anyway.

Retired Knitter said...

Yep! Me, too!!! And the ... all the darn time.

Happy New Year.

Beth @ PlantPostings said...

Well, of course! You have to use ellipses now and then...for emphasis, for dramatic pause, for various reasons. Also this is your blog so you can break or change the rules as much as you want! You are a good writer, so go for it. Happy New Year!

barb said...

We are both a little dotty I suppose...
no apology needed.

MarmePurl said...

Happy New Year Lynne!...
***I Love the Van Goethe lines!***
...

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Lynne, I had to smile, because I, too, am perhaps a bit too fond of ...!!

Linda said...

Ha...I do the same thing!
Kind of like...a pause...new thought coming up...
Keep it up!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

bj said...

OOO...thank you so much for sending me here, dear one.
No, I missed this post. It is such a post from your heart.
I am struggling with blogging right now....since I am on the verge of tears ALL the time, the least thing brings them gushing. My picture file is full of his pictures...those make me cry...I still am finding that even the good memories make me cry...hoping someday they will bring more joy than sadness. Talking about him is hard to do without sadness. I know it will get better ea day.

Jeanie is a favorite blogger of mine, too. She is so bubbly and full of life..and cute as a button!

Thank you so much for your friendship...