Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Morning Has Broken . . .

cat stevens singing an oldie . . .
one of my very favorites . . .
today . . . sunday . . . morning
sunlight . . .
green . . .




Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning
God's recreation of the new day

Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world

‘til soon . . .
love
lynne




13 comments:

Art and Sand said...

What beautiful photos.

What is that little stone house used for? It is so cute.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

So pretty and green. Memorial weekend was always my weekend for planting and getting everything just like I wanted. I don't miss the hard work, but I do miss how satisfying it was to look at it when done.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


I love that song - so uplifting. Lovely home.. and who is the adorable?

Linda said...

You have a beautiful home Lynne...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Carol said...

Beautiful hymn... your flowers look wonderful!!
AND mine from you is beautiful, but we can't
remember the name of it. Came from Iowa, to
Michigan, and back to Iowa!

A Joyful Cottage said...

One of my favorite songs, Lynne, and Cat Stevens sings it so well. Lots of good memories connected to that song. Your home is beautiful. . .gracious and welcoming. You are blessed. Hugs, Nancy

Jeanie said...

I love this song and every image in the post, too!

Karen Lakis said...

I love that song, also - and I can hear it in my head as I view your beautiful morning scenes. It's also amazing how quickly everything turned so green>

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Lynne. I love that song too. Pretty views of your home and sweet Snickers.
Happy Memorial Day, have a great new week ahead.

Unknown said...

My irises aren't popping yet.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I don't hear songs like this nearly enough these days! The verse and the words fit perfectly. What a beautiful place to call home!

barb said...

Your home and yard is so pretty. That yard has to be a lot of work.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Cat Stevens ..... that's a blast from the past !!!! Lovely lyrics.
..... Love the hosta/iris planting Lynne. XXXX