Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

My Momma . . .

Here she is . . .
Young college grad . . . newly married . . .

authentic, kind, giving, domestic, common, faithful, stylish, artistic, creative, teacher, mother, loving

Years ago I made two large photo collage pictures of my family. One for my parents, one for me. Memories flowed through my mind/hands as I cut photo after photo for the collage . . .

As I looked at these two framed pictures the other day . . .
I thanked myself for creating them . . .
I have loved remembering back these past few days . . .
(The little boy is my brother Terry, he is with her and moms friends in the group picture.)
(Love the picture of her hand . . . reaching out.)

Ahhhhhh . . . the memories . . .
I think it is time to create another family collage . . .

My momma was loving, beautiful, wonderful . . . I miss her more each day . . .
and she baked the Best Banana Cream and Pasty Pies EVER . . .


Leaving you with a smile . . .
My mom . . .
Florence Leone Peacock . . .
started painting when she stopped teaching school . . . sirty five-ish . . .
She signed her pics . . . FLP . . . love it . . .

I joined our charm bracelets a few years ago . . . .
I plan on wearing “us” today!

Tell your stories . . . share them . . . how else would we ever know . . .
love
lynne

Happy Mother’s Day my friends . . .




18 comments:

This N That said...

Wow..Isn't it nice to have all those photos? Great collages as well...I made several of them years ago..They are no longer around..Most family pictures have disappeared...My childhood pictures where on slides..(all thru high school, vacations, etc.) They were thrown away because nobody wanted to spend the money or take the time to convert them to photos..Hang on to them Lynne..they eve so many memories. I think you are probably very much like your Mom!! Happy Mothers day..

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Lynne! What a lovely collection of photos and memories of your Mom. It is great you have these family photos, I think my sisters have most of our old family photos.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Jeanie said...

So beautiful, Lynne. I especially love the vintage photos. And the fact that she started painting late in life, too -- and very well! AND the charm bracelets! Yes, those are so special.

Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend!

Blondie's Journal said...

A beautiful creation, Lynne, that so many will enjoy over the years. Your mother was a lovely woman, as are you!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Jane

Bill said...

Wonderful family photos. It's nice that you created the collage, I really like it. I love that first photo, reminds me of the 1920s and the way people dressed back then.

Michelle said...

Wonderful to see all of these photos. Nothing like having them to look back on times past.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Oh Lynne, I love this, what beautiful photos and treasured memories you have of your Mom!

I hope your day has been enjoyable and memorable!
¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤Happy Mother's Day!

Angie said...

Moms are amazing, especially as we get older and we appreciate all that they did when we were too young or too busy to see it. And I love it when they find a hidden talent, or re-discover one, when they have the time to focus on themselves!!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Such fabulous memories!

Art and Sand said...

What a sweet post.

I would have loved your mother because she baked my favorite pie!

Linda said...

Great pics Lynne....lovely memories....hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day,
Cheers!
Linda :o)

MarmePurl said...

Mrs. Peacock's first bloom of the season just appeared before I left the farm for a couple of days. I will send you a picture when I get back. She lives on in so many ways. Your capacity to love being the greatest.

likeschocolate said...

Your momma was lovely! So stylish!

Marge in Michigan said...

I'm playing catch-up today with the blogs I read, Lynne. I love your collages and the sentiments are precious. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I love that bracelet too, and I'm sure you had a grand Mother's Day.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

What a lovely tradition - the charm bracelets, and the joining of the two, a treasure.

Kim said...

I have my mom's charm bracelet and I know what each one means. They are all very special and it still smells like her perfume...Chanel No. 5. An elegant classic, just like my mom...

Devon said...

What a wonderful tribute to a lovey life lived!

jasonbob said...

off white jordan 1
golden goose sneakers
birkin bag
kenzo
off white nike
kobe shoes
lebron 15
golden goose slide
lebron shoes
off-white