Pages

Friday, May 4, 2018

Nature At Its Very Best . . .

I have followed the Bald Eagle DC web cams for a few years . . .
I keep it open on my ipad and today I took pictures with my phone, of the parents and their new eaglets.
More info from the site, below and my pictures below that.
One eaglet born April 30, 2018, and the other, yesterday, May 3, at four in the morning.
Quite remarakable to witness natural, truth, protection, nurturing, springtime wonder!
Go on the site and watch the videos of the eggs hatching . . .
*******
Mr. President’ and ‘The First Lady' are a pair of mated Bald Eagles living in the most idyllic of nest sites within Washington, DC, high in a Tulip Poplar tree amongst the Azalea Collection at the U.S. National Arboretum. Last season, these eagle parents successfully raised and fledged their two eaglets, DC4 (Honor) & DC5 (Glory).

With a perfect eagle nursery prepared high up in the Tulip Poplar tree, we are pleased to announce that the first egg was laid by The First Lady on March 25 at 4:30 p.m. A second egg was laid March 28, 2018 at 2:46 p.m. Join us for live-streaming HD video and a Moderated Chat designed to bring you the best that nature has to offer!

May 3, 2018 — Welcome to the world DC7! Official hatch time 4:13 a.m. May 3, 2018. Watch DC7's hatch video! Sibling DC6 hatched at 12:17 p.m. April 30, 2018. Watch DC6's hatch video! This is a very exciting time for viewers of this nest, as we watch the care given to these little eaglets by their parents. We are pleased to report that although our cam streaming is still not perfect, improvements in both the audio and video have been made by AEF and its partners. Thank you again for your patience, support, and understanding.






enjoy . . .
‘till next time . . .
love
lynne

**********
update

Posting Videos and Photos from AEF Cams

AEF invites anyone to post photo and video screenshots/screen-recordings captured from these high definition cams. Since these photos and videos can be copied and duplicated over and over, we request that when you post these up to Facebook, IG, Websites, Blogs, or another social media location, the following information be included at the end of your photo/video caption: © 2018 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG. These live feeds are the intellectual property of the AEF, and we kindly request that you do not attempt to embed or live stream these feeds on your website, blog, app, etc., or attempt to monetize screen shots or video captures. Thank you for your cooperation!

18 comments:

This N That said...

Fun to watch the Eagles...Lot's of people do that here as well...We lost a nesting female to a "takeover"..very sad..One of the eggs disappeared during the melee..Thanks for the pics!!

Bill said...

Very interesting to watch the eagles. Technology allows for moments like these. Priceless and Beautiful!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great series of images. It is amazing how we can watch all these goings on on web cams. They are certainly more devoted parents than the occupants of the White House.

Jeanie said...

That's fun, isn't it? Hard to believe that those little gray puff balls (they look like dandelion fuzz!) will turn into eagles one day!

NanaDiana said...

WOW! Those are some amazing pictures-just look at those little "puff balls"...they are as cute as cute can be. Love these! xo Diana

Marge in Michigan said...

Those are stunning pictures, Lynne. I watch the Decorah, Iowa Bald Eagle webcam. There are 3-babies (they look like teenagers now) and Mom Decorah is their only provider since Dad Decorah went missing on 5/19. Many searches for him proved naught. So sad! It's a front row seat to nature, the good and the not-so-good!

Angie said...

Lynne - the third shot is the one that keeps drawing my eye ... the head of the parent eagle is so white I keep thinking it's some sort of robot!!! Thanks for your last visit to my blog!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Lynne! I've so missed being able to stop by your blog, and am glad to have the chance this morning.

You are right about the Eagles, they are fun to watch, and I've peaked in a few times. I always loved seeing the Eagles when we lived in Alaska. And I'm cheering this family on that all continues to go well for them.

A Colorful World said...

So exciting! I love all the new life every spring. You shared some wonderful shots of this family from the webcam. Love it! Have a great week!

krishna said...

This very interesting, and exciting to watch the bald eagles..

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - I never would have guessed that baby bald eagles are white and fluffy! We have rare bald eagle sightings over a river near our home in Vermont. The always inspire awe. Thank you for sharing this closeup view!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, what a great sight! Loved to see those tiny ones :)

Kim said...

How fun!! What great shots. There are a pair of nesting eagles in our neighborhood and some of my friends have posted pictures of them and the their babies. It's so amazing...

At Home in English Valley said...

I was missing you today. I realized you have not posted to Facebook so I had to come back to your blog. Been such a bad blogger. I love eagles too, We have a trip each winter just to watch them. Thank goodness they have recovered their numbers and territories. Is Barb off of Facebook too?

Pondside said...

Aren't they interesting birds? There is a bald eagle nest about a block from my house. One day I saw the eagle fly in with an enormous branch - holding it as easily as if it were a twig!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Dear Lynne,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I don't get to Blogspot as often as I'd like these days...But I just love our connection here. The above photos are AMAZING, I've never seen eagles so close! Thank you for sharing this!
Rita at Sketchbook Wandering.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like following the webcam photos too. The eagle shots are awesome, the eaglet chicks are adorable. I am sorry to be so late commenting. I just got home from our road trip and I am now trying to catch up on my commenting. Thanks so much for linking up your post. Have a happy day and weekend ahead.

BumbleVee said...

Wow.... such clear and lovely shots...and, such cute little tiny eaglets.....awwwwww...so fluffy......