Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

And What Do You Do . . .

First off . . . and then I will get to the “DO” . . .

Thank you for your wonderful comments . . . I used to be able to respond, personally back to each of you, but then google or someone made a change. I miss our conversations . . . Now I don’t receive “you” “your comments” into my email. I do go back to my posts and read every comment. I try and respond back to you, but email addresses aren’t always available for some of you.

Thank you to those who have sent me “a fix” for that problem. The thing is, I use Blogo, on my ipad, to do my posting . . . there are some things I can and cannot do . . .So . . . please know I am thanking you tremendously if you have visited me . . . Hopefully I will figure out a way so I can consistently send a personal thank you back to you

Secondly . . . I neglected to tell you something about that 405 Second Avenue, Baraboo home, which was my late husbands and mine . . . our first home purchase back in 1969. Through the years since we sold that home in 1975, (due to a government job move to Michigan). . . all the walnut trees surrounding the house were removed. So, one of the new owners planted, in a box like row, a variety of lilies of every color . . . now doesn’t that sound like a unique touch. I hope when they are in bloom, I will receive a photo so I can show you a picture. Below is a repeat picture so you can see the current “green rows” of lilies. And by the way, there were well over 300 visitors on that Historic House Tour a few weeks ago.

Andnow back to “what do you do” on this America Indepedence Day, July 4 . . . ??
First . . . how about a bit of a history refresher . . .
before the
parades, flag flying, family picnic, fireworks . . .
*****

The Fourth of July – also known as Independence Day or July 4th – has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941, but the tradition of Independence Day celebrations goes back to the 18th century and the American Revolution. On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence, and two days later delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a historic document drafted by Thomas Jefferson. From 1776 to the present day, July 4th has been celebrated as the birth of American independence, with festivities ranging from fireworks, parades and concerts to more casual family gatherings and barbecues.


(Pictures and history . . from history.com)
*****
We may make one of the morning parades and fireworks at night . . . but . . .
our “best times” are having a day of no going, enjoying home, reading the papers,
me and my book, easy eats, cooking . . . relax . . .
and there is always some yard, garden tending, keeping green being green . . .
especially in this mega heat we are having . . . maybe that Lake Michigan toe dip will happen too . . .





Happy Fourth my friends . . .
’til next time
love
lynne



11 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Lynne....
Go to the bottom of your post.....click on “notify me”....that should bring the comments back to your email...you have to do this with every new post....I had the same problem, and this fixed it!
Happy 4th to you and your wonderful family🇺🇸
Your gardens are looking fabulous!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the row of lilies will be beautiful in bloom. We are having a quiet 4th of July, it is a cloudy day maybe rain later. I will enjoy my book for now. Happy 4th of July!

La Table De Nana said...

And I just read this..in case it can help

https://www.lifeandlinda.com/2018/07/blogger-updates-https-and-comment.html
Have a lovely day.

Art and Sand said...

We try not to go anywhere on July 4 because everyone and his brother is driving somewhere on this holiday. Our quiet little beach community is overrun with families escaping inland heat and celebrating the holiday so we enjoy it quietly. We're heading out in a few minutes for Lulu to get her walk on the beach before the crowds arrive and the sand gets to hot for her little paws.

Have a lovely 4th of July

Retired Knitter said...

What an interesting tree, with ... vines??

Happy 4th of July to you, my fellow citizen!

Jeanie said...

You have some glorious Fourth photos there. We are hanging in till the baby comes. And eating cold food.

This N That said...

Thanks for the refresher. I enjoyed the pictures as well. Happy fourth to you and yours! Just relax and stay cool. Xxoo

Bill said...

As the lilies bloom they will look awesome. I never seen a tree with vines like that wrapping itself all around it, very interesting. Lovely photos, Lynne and a Happy 4th to you!

Karen Lakis said...

It’s so frustrating when there are changes to our blogging programs and we lose our normal functionality. I’m all for updates and improvements- when they actually improve things. Otherwise, I really wish they’d just leave it all alone... Anyway - I think the lilies will be pretty. I hope you get a picture. We enjoy spending the 4th at home . Maybe when our granddaughter is older, we’ll go back to viewing the fireworks- or maybe be not. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim said...

The 4th is a busy day around here. Too many people on the road, too many boats in the water and too many toes in the sand, so like you, we enjoy a quiet day at home....puttering around the garden, walking the quiet streets or soaking in the pool. This year it was all about the pool. It was so hot out, I didn't want to get out when it was time to go across the street to the neighbor's for a bbq. Glad I went though!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Marge in Michigan said...

I'm a little late to wish you & yours a Happy 4th, Lynne, but it sounds like yours was enjoyable and much like ours. Thank God for AC & 4-tower fans running 24-hours a day. OMG, the heat & humidity was something else! Now we have a little break before the next bout. Keep cool!