Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Ninety Four, Flower Play & Walleye . . .

My friend, “mom Boone” . . . turned ninety four . . . on Ausgust twenty third . . .
Bettie was Nurse Manager of Pediatrics at Mercy Health for many years.
Bettie was “old school!” Gave her best, expected the best! Excellent nurse, person, mom.
A group of us get together twice a year . . . we laugh, get silly, enjoy each other . . .
Mary, Char, Terri, Bettie, Carolyn , Lynne . . . the PEDS gals . . .
(Our friend Carolyn died a few years ago.)




Thursday Flower Play Day with GREEN . . .
I enjoyed playing with Cedar, Sedum, Spruce, Hydrangea, Coleus . . . a fun green day!






Dinner last night with our friends Tom & Thora . . .
Thora was born in Iceland . . . came to the United States alone when she was seventeen years old.
She is probably the most accomplished, industrious, kindest soul I know . . .
Every once in awhile she treats us to fish, the Icelandic way . . .
Tom provided the walleye . . . Thora’s recipe is below . . .
Walleye, Shrimp, green onions, boiled red potatoes, cole slaw . . . oh my . . .
A few pictures from out their kitchen window & one I took of their GREEN Annabelle Hydrangeas.
Plus . . . the meal and recipe . . .
Another plus . . . a pic of us on one of our “pizza out” nights . . .





Happy you stayed with me through this long post . . .
One more thing . . .

I must say . . .
Thank you . . . to each of you . . .
who, visit, comment, return again . . .
I liked how it “used to be,” when I could personaly send off a thank you mail to you . . .
However, that has its complications today . . .
I am thanking you though . . . and will try and find ways to personally say hello . . .
thank you . . .

love
lynne

Muskegon Irish Music Festival, September 13-16, Heritage Landing . . .

19 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow the fish dish is to die for! Loved all your picture. It has changes here. It is harder to respond and even more difficult to know who has commented and needs a response. It is good to find your post. Hugs!

Bill said...

That fish meal sounds delicious. Lovely photos of all your friends. Sounds like you and your friends have a grand time when you all get together. Have a wonderful weekend, Lynne.

bj said...

What an adorable post...wish I lived close 'cause you sure know how to have fun...
I am not a seafood fan so I will pass on the walleye...but I sure am a fan of beautiful people and beautiful flowers.
I can't get blog comments in my email either so I thank you for visiting. xoxo

I am afraid to read your post before this one...losing my precious Bill a year ago is still too fresh, tears right under the surface...anything that makes me look back in my heart right now is just too hurtful...someday....

Marge in Michigan said...

Hi, Lynne. I'm sure your friend Bettie had a wonderful 94th birthday with all of you enjoying time together. Very nice.

I love your greens and how you arranged them. Talented!

I'm sure I'd love the meal Thora served. Yum!

Wonderful pictures all, Lynne!

Brenda said...

Love your post-ypu ladies look so energetic and young and beautiful. Love love the hats...as a vegetarian-well...

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Happy birthday to your friend! 94 that is awesome! Your photos are lovely, pretty greens. The fish dinner sounds delicious! HUbby has been wanting to go to Iceland, we have too many places we want to visit. Cute photo of you and your hubby! Enjoy your day and weekend.

This N That said...

Happy Birthday Bettie..Happy 94..Great that you all get together..Beautiful greens arrangements..You have a a knack! Dinner looks yummy..Great looking foursome..I'll bet you have fun times together..Have a great weekend...Hugs


Ida said...

Wow 94! What a great life she's had. How fun to celebrate with her.
Also your friends from Iceland, that food looked quite yummy.

Kim said...

My husband would love that fish recipe and I love that it's hand written...talk about days gone by! I love your get togethers. Life is meant to be celebrated!

Jeanie said...

It sounds like quite a week, filled with joyful celebrations, good friends and wonderful food. How do you do an encore with all that delight and joy?

Retired Knitter said...

Love those smiling faces.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Happy Birthday and hope she celebrates many more in good health and great happiness! The morning brings a welcome chill in the air; I'm not wishing my life away but am grateful for cooler temps.

Linda said...

HI Lynne...
Great pics..fab friends...life is good!!
Blogger has shut me out of my blog on my Ipad, so I have to use my Mac upstairs to leave any comments anywhere! Pain in the ass for sure!! Thinking of changing to Wordpress...
Blogging is supposed to be fun!
Rain here again today...getting lots done inside! hahaha!
enjoy your week...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Sarah Huizenga said...

You have the best group of friends. Rock on at 94 Bettie! If only we could all be that lucky.

Barb said...

I love fish. I could be a shorebird.

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Happy Birthday, Mom Boone! You all look so cute together. Your arrangements are gorgeous, as always!

yanmaneee said...

adidas ultra
jordan shoes
golden goose
louboutin outlet
ferragamo belt
nike lebron 16
hermes
nike off white
goyard
longchamp handbags

sheways said...

contenu acheter des répliques sacs en ligne site utile réplique louis vuitton répliques de sacs Consultez votre URL sacs de créateurs de répliques

Unknown said...

k9r90a2h25 l0h32a0p89 h5t39i6a63 f2q35o7y70 x8r08z5v61 w8h96j3k45