Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sisal Pumpkin Mini’s . . .

I few weeks ago I saw something on a friends blog post.
I went searching for twine pumpkins.
(on Pinterest of course)
To see if I could figure out how to make one of these gems.

Lo and Behold . . . I found something and it was about Sisal twine, cord . . .
Found some pictures . . . off to the Dollar Store, JoAnn’s . . . no luck finding Sisal twine.
BINGO . . . Hobby Lobby . . . this is not a promotion for HL, in fact I seldom go there . . .
But that is a “let’s not go there story” . . . for another day . . . MAYBE!
SISAL cord . . . I found TWINE too . . . and purchased some of each.

Let me tell you, if you want to make these, get the SISAL.
It is thinner, stiff, holds its shape . . .
I like to mix up the Sisal with the Twine . . . creates a fun look . . .
So . . . I have made a bunch of these little babies!
Broke up some sticks, (we have plenty around here) and I use these for the stem.
Each evening, I have been “unwinding”by “winding” Sisal into pumpkin shapes.
I have used different methods.


This has worked the best for me . . .
I wind the Sisal around my left hand, four fingers, twelve times,
not real tight, not too loose.
Contain the bunch with a bit of light weight wire, set it aside.
For one pumpkin, I use 3-5 bunches.
This is an “eyeball thing” . . . you can’t go wrong, play with the sisal and create!
Have the glue gun plugged in . . .

Dot some glue near the wire, add another bunch, 2-5 and you have a pumpkin.
Tweak a bit to get the shape you want. And do some trim on the wire, sisal ends.

I found after making several and as I was coming to the end of the sisal roll . . .
that it was difficult to keep the sisal from curling.
Problem solved when I purchased another fresh roll . . .

I knew I was in Sisal Mania when Mister Irish said . . .
“I love seeing you create . . . these pumpkins are a blast!”

So what do I do with all these little pumpkins . . .
Friends and Family . . . guess what . . .

And in between pumpkin making . . .
Mister Irish, Snickers and I enjoyed a drive north to see some color on our anniversary day.
Breakfast out . . . a “no yard, rake leaves, cut back plants day” . . . just us . . .
It was a mighty fine day indeed . . .

that is my frst and prob my only tutorial . . .

’til next time . . .
love
lynne

The trees are in their autumn beauty, the woodland paths are dry,
under the October twilight . . . the water mirrors a still sky.

William Butler Yeats

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a fun craft project. I like the pumpkins. Nice photo of you, hubby and Snickers. Happy Anniversary! Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead!

Marge in Michigan said...

Those pumpkins are so cute, Lynne. Nice variety.
Up north is beautiful this time of year..........and always IMHO. I love the anniversary picture too. It sounds like you had a wonderful day.
When I was in Ireland our tour group visited the cemetery where William Butler Yeats is buried.

This N That said...

Thanks Lynne..They are adorable.. I love the natural ones but have you thought about spray painting them or putting a little glitz on them? I know what you mean about hobby lobby but they have such cute things. My sister refuses to go there. Maybe I will make some pumpkins?? Sisal Huh??

Shari Burke said...

Love the pumpkins! Very cool! Glad you had such a great anniversary day!

Bill said...

Wonderful anniversary photo, I love it and of course Snickers is look pretty darn cute as always.

Linda said...

Hi Lynne...
These are so cute...you did a great job!
Nice shot of you two cuties🧡
Enjoy your week...
Cheers!
Linda ✨

Barb said...

Love the pumpkins. Nice job.

krishna said...

Those pumpkins turned out in great shape.. Love them..

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Those are very cute! You are so creative, Lynne. And the displays with other objects work so well, too!

Kerin said...

What darling little pumpkins.
Thanks for sharing with us. I want to try to make some, and maybe use a cinnamon stick for the stem, as I 'found' a bunch of cinnamon sticks whilst I was cleaning out my office!
Buried treasure ~~LOL!

~K.

p.s Your anniversary sounds perfect! So happy for you both that you had such an enjoyable day and anniversary celebration.

MarmePurl said...

I love seeing you create too!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Lynne, it's a lovely tutorial! Perhaps you'll do others! I love the natural feeling of the pumpkin and like how you placed it in the orange tissue paper and in still lifes for your photos.
The portrait of the 3 of you is wonderful and so seasonal surrounded by all those leaves. Sounds like you had a Happy Anniversary! Rita

PKBrandon said...

These are SOOOOO cute! Thanks for the tutorial. :)