Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving . . .


Hope everyone enjoyed a grand Thanksgiving day today . . .

Everything smoothed out beautufully for us after the large bowl of stuffing I was bringing to the family meal, slipped out of my hands, as I was taking it out of the oven and went slurping all over the floor and all over the kitchen cabinets.

Big mess cleaned up, out the door we went to my daughters/SIL’s . . . with the salads and some extras which made it just fine, no more spills. I announced my “stuffing news” and everyone shouted
NO STUFFING . . . so out the door grandson and his mom went to the local Walmart for some Pepperiidge Farm stuffing mix. We mixed it up with celery, onions, garlic, any other seasonings we thought appropriate and a few hours later eleven of us sat around a massive table with turkey, riced potatoes, six layer salad, cranberries, (“muffins”, rolls,) green bean caserole, sweet potstoes and STUFFING . . . and I am sure a few other ingredients too . . . oh yes, sweet pickles!
And apple crisp and Pumpkin Pies . . . to top off the day . . .

SIL Mike served up his stunning bacon wrapped turkey once again. Best turkey ever!

We found ourselves feeling very thankful as we remembered California and others . . .

We are back home and almost ready to call it a day . . .
A huge shout out to Linda, of Woke Up . . . Got Out Of Bed
for helping me with my ‘comment’ problem.
Hope it continues to work!
Thank you, Thank you Linda!

I will be back soon . . .
love
lynne

14 comments:

krishna said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope your day is going fine.

Linda said...

Hugs to you dear Lynne...glad I could help💝
Get some sleep...after that huge meal!
We have sweet Miss V for a sleepover...happy Nana here💙
Cheers!
Linda:o)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That was a very big meal you all ate but I am sure it was all delicious

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I can imagine the outcry about no stuffing! It's a must here, as well. -Jenn

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is so nice to spend Thanksgiving with family. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. I am glad it worked out with the stuffing, lol. We had so much to eat, plenty of leftovers too. The apple crisp sounds yummy. I love anything with apple. Have a happy Friday and a great weekend.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

I understand...One year I dropped a whole turkey casserole on the floor when taking it out of the over. For some lucky reason I had made 2...I'm glad you had a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the images on the cards here. They are vintage reproductions?

Jeanie said...

Been there, done that. Not with the stuffing but other things. So frustrating! But it sounds like you had a wonderful experience re-creating it and cooking in the company of others, which is pretty fun too.

So glad it was a wonderful day! Happy Day after!

Jeanie said...

PS -- Two things. What did Linda suggest on comments and second, did you do the painting at the top of the blog. It's lovely!

Bill said...

Everyone loves stuffing. :) Sounds like you had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving with your family. Have a wonderful weekend.

This N That said...

Apple Crisp sounds yummy. I don't do that kind of eating anymore. That could be a good thing. But I'm not starving, that's for sure.
Sounds like things turned out and everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the cards? You used for this blog post.. Lovely

Barb said...

There is always a story to tell around holiday meals. One year mom made pies with the bulk salt we had instead of sugar. 40 years later we are still laughing.

Marge in Michigan said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lynne. Sorry about the dressing fiasco but it sounds like the situation was resolved just fine. You didn't get burned, did you? We had a wonderful Thanksgiving too...14 of us less 1 grandson who works in retail and had to be at his job at 3:00a.m. for Black Friday sales.

Brenda said...

Happy Thanksgiving late!!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I admit I never make stuffing. I am not much of a tradition girl.