Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

SOCKS . . .



My granddaughter Amanda sent me this picture this morning.  
I was flooded with memories.
My mom used to roll up my hair in socks 
after it was washed and before completely dry.

My hair was nothing like Amanda’s but I
remember vividly the sock regime.  

This is what Amanda said this morning 
in a text to me.
“I’m using my Grandma Gordon’s 
sock method to curl my hair today.”  

A few hours later, I received this .
Looks great to me!


Made for a happy day to see my granddaughter in her waves.

‘til next time
thanks for visiting, following, commenting.
you are the best
love
lynne

9 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Beautiful girl Lynne! I did sponge rollers for my girls more times than I can count. Hope you are staying safe.

This N That said...

I remember kids doing that..I don't think my hair was ever long enough..She has beautiful hair..Hope all is well with you three...xxoo

Retired Knitter said...

Beautiful girl. Great looking hair. I never heard of socks for hair curling.

Kim said...

Everything old is new again! Fabulous. Hope you are well...

Marge in Michigan said...

Hello, Lynne! I've never heard of socks for hair rolling either. I like how it works though...and your granddaughter is beautiful. I hope you, Mr. Irish & Snickers are well. We are too. Yardwork soon!

Linda said...

💛💙💜💚

Karen Lakis said...

I've never had enough hair for rolling in socks - sigh... You granddaughter has beautiful hair, though, and what fun to see her hair curled using your method!

Jeanie said...

The socks really make a beautiful look! I never heard of that although it makes a whole lot of sense. She's lovely!

Kerin said...

What a cutie!
I have had 'rag' curls before, but never sock curls. Guess we were too poor for socks.. **heehee**.
It's fun to see how many of the old fashioned ways of doing things are making a come back.
Like people making home made bread and cooking from scratch again!

Sending {{hugs}}
K.