Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Well Until They Move Me . . .

i will be using legacy for posting
i have tried the new 
but the old way will work for me
until i have time to figure out the new
no doubt that move will happen soon
 i best get practicing 


a friend introduced me to a local city park this summer
well, i knew it was there
ride by it on my/our way to the “big lake”
but once i went there, sat by the water
looked out at the view 
i was sold

open space, not many people, 
it has been my go to place of late 
for sitting, visiting, meeting up
water, coffee, maybe lunch happening there too


a good book
clouds in the sky
sunshine


there are park benches, some tables, a gazebo in case of rain
overlooks muskegon lake 
CUSTER PARK
North Muskegon


plenty of benches, tables 
for sitting and relaxing
i have been bringing my own chair
water container 
this day a bagel 


we purchased these twenty dollar chairs a few months ago
side table to hold water, coffee, lunch 
plus a side pack to hold napkins, silverware, etc.  
fold flat for travel, truly as light as can be to carry


i need to get a picture of me/us there
started off with two of us the other day
and soon another friend joined and then one more

i loved our visit plus hearing seeing children across the way 
during their first days of the school year

these chairs are much more comfortable than our older low slung chairs
i have converted a few friends to them too
nice to have them handy in the back of the jeep 
perfect to have for the big lake 
when we, mister irish, snickers and me
go for our sunset watch

didn’t mean to become a chair saleswoman
just wanted to remind you in this covid season
to search the outdoors
walk, hike, kayak, sit, picnic, relax

mask, distancing, hand sanitizers 
will continue in our lives
but wide open spaces are still available for us to enjoy
~
thanks for your visits, comments
did I tell you about my 
Monarch Joy


next time
love
lynne





5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Those chairs look like they were a good buy. And your photos here are beautiful. Love the one of you with the monarch. That's glorious -- it must trust you.

Good luck as you switch. I'm getting used to new blogger so if you have questons, ask. I'll help if I can.

This N That said...

Good advice..Get out in to the open...get some fresh air..Tis the season..Stay safe..Happy weekend.

Retired Knitter said...

What a lovely lake.

Kim said...

We've been outside a lot! I'm not thrilled for winter, but hopefully it will be a mild fall! And I'm on old blogger until they kick me off too! Haha!

Angie said...

Beautiful pictures! These beautiful days outside are so necessary on so many levels. I would love to know where you purchased the chairs. I think I really need a couple of those. :)