Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

Let’s Put Some Light On It . . .

 A “masked” friend and I made an in car 
visit to a flower market the other day to a place called Stems.  
We are dreaming up some “vase fulls” and looking for 
greens, flowers, berries, incense cedar, seeded eucalyptus to name a few.  
We enjoy “flower play” and creating.  
Stems was a gem of a place to visit, we will be returning. 
Here are some of the loves we bought/brought home.





and here . . . my creating
I must tell you that as soon as I chose my colors
I remembered a piece of Roseville I had tucked away.
It was my dads first Roseville antique auction purchase 
and the beginning of my parents Roseville collection.
My brother Terry had also started collecting Roseville and other pottery. 
Terry inherited my parents collection and at one time 
there were well over a hundred pieces in the combined collections.  
I asked for only one piece, The Pine Cone.
And it was with that one piece I started creating when I arrived home.  








I repeated the pictures so hopefully you can see the beautiful fall colors. 

And to top off the STEMS day I came home with a bucket full of 
cedar greens and berries


The rest of the story will be arriving soon.  
~ ~ ~
thank you for visiting 
Happy Thanksgiving My Friends

‘til soon
love
lynne

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I am looking forward to the rest of the story! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Oh my goodness! That's stunningly beautiful. You are a professional! Interesting to hear about the history, too. Very nice.

NanaDiana said...

How very beautiful, Lynne. Not only the fall arrangements but the ones to come, too. I love places like that. I miss being out and about to do stuff like that. xo Diana

This N That said...

I love your arrangements..Cute Roseville vase.Have a happy Thanksgiving..XXoo

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

How lovely that the vase was your Dad’s!
Just gorgeous . It’s so much fun to play with flowers isn’t it?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mr. Irish!

Marge in Michigan said...


Oh my goodness, what talent you have with your flower arranging, Lynne! Love every one and your Dad's Roseville piece makes them all the more special. Wishing you & yours a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hugs!

Retired Knitter said...

Wonderful colors and what a grand vase!!! Perfect for the season.

Jeanie said...

Lynne, this piece is exquisite -- gorgeous arrangement in a vessel befitting its beauty. It's splendid!