Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2020

One Week Ago . . .

My guy, my “Mister Irish” 
was in a really bad car accident, 
a week ago, 12/12.
It had just started snowing, wet and slushy.
He hit a patch of ice, went twirling around,
hit a sign and steel post and was crumpled. 

 
Injuries were/are break in shoulder, neck 
and crushed rib cage.
He was in Mercy Muskegon emergency 8-10 hours, 
Transferred to ICU, on a ventilator, surgery on Monday, 12/14.
They rebuilt five ribs, mended others. 
He tolerated surgery very well.
He was more comfortable indeed, after the surgery.  
COVID restrictions have made it 
soI have not seen him since emergency.
I have heard his voice.
We have talked briefly.
One Face Time
Whew, that news is over.  

He is mending.
Off ventilator, Out of ICU
still in hospital
will be transferred to
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital 
Grand Rapids, Michigan 
next week.  

OT & PT had him walk a few steps,
sit/stand at bedside yesterday morning.
We visited a bit last night around nine.
He sounds more and more like himself.  

I/we have been touched beyond measure 
of the love, caring, prayers
from so many. 

Thankful says It Mildly
~ ~ ~
I have a promise to myself
to stay more connected in
Irish Garden House

Hold Me To It
‘til next time
love
lynne

Merry Christmas
Happy Days My Friends 
Stay Safe 











12 comments:

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Oh my goodness - what a horrible thing to have happened. But I'm so glad to hear he is on the mend and sounding more like himself. Take care of yourself, and I hope all continues to go well for your husband. -Jenn

Marge in Michigan said...


I'm SO SORRY about Mr. Irish's accident, Lynne! I pray his mending continues. I've heard good things about rehab at Mary Free Bed...he will be in a place that will help him recover to the fullest. Please know you both have my prayers. Hugs!

Brenda said...

Prayers dear girl

Kim said...

Oh Lynne, I’m so sorry to hear this news, but glad to hear he’s on the mend. I can’t imagine how difficult this must be for you both to be so separated. Thank goodness for FaceTime!! Thinking of you both and sending prayers for a quick recovery and return home to you. Big hugs!!

Retired Knitter said...

OH NO!!!! Such terrible news but glad he is improving! How heart wrenching it is during this time of year - and during a pandemic when you can't be with him in person. You, my dear lady, are in my prayers. You and your husband.

Jeanie said...

Hang in there Lynne, and thanks for the posts on caring bridge. Every day is a move forward. More elsewhere.

Shari Burke said...

I am so glad that he is on the mend!!! Much to be thankful for. May his healing be swift. And may you find comfort in his healing and in the care of others and the strength to deal with this difficult situation.

Karen Lakis said...

I am so thankful to read he's doing well! I can't even imagine how hard these last few weeks, days, hours have been - only to have COVID making a difficult situation more difficult. Stay strong - I'll be thinking of you and Mr. Irish - sending all my best wishes!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lynne, I am so sorry about your husband's injuries, and that you have not been able to be at his side. I can feel how painful that is for you, and for him. I'm glad to hear he tolerated surgery so well, and that he is mending. Thankful to God that his life was spared, and that he will recover. Winter driving can be very treacherous. Be careful out there. You and hubby are in my thoughts and prayers, Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

omigoodness - was glad to get to the end of that and find out he's ready for rehab already. may his recuperation be without difficulty. do be extra-careful as you are out and about. --suz in ohio

MarmePurl said...

Love heals the best.
Take Good care of each other any way you can.

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

Oh dear Lord I just saw this! I’m praying to Mary that she has him in her healing arms.