Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Blue Sky I Thank You . . .

Thank You
never seems enough, but my heart is spilling over.
family, friends, people, bloggers, each, all
singing your kindness time and time again.
Thank You

Things aren’t perfect but the sky has been a bright blue
and we are adjusting to our new way of life. 
I am the driver for errands, appointments, car rides, 
Bald Eagle searches and more. 
Mister Irish is my right hand passenger, my “Miss Daisy.” 

Jack’s broken neck continues to be our biggest challenge.
Our follow up appointment yesterday stressed 
continued scrutiny on the cervical collar placement.  
Very uncomfortable for Jack, to say the least. 
We wait another month and hope there is some healing.  

We are two oldies
set in our ways 
giving up our controls
of how we each do things 
it has been both frustrating and funny
we are making headway’s
it helps us to laugh

One of my favorite things is a good book, 
just can’t concentrate right now.
so iPad puzzles have become my saving grace
and some painting with friends was
a perfect pick me up

Here are a few pictures of our January days.
Sorry they are mixed up.
Click on pic and hopefully they will enlarge 
(Creating a post today isn’t like the old days.)
(Forgive the repeat photos)

I promise to be back soon
not sure how often
be safe, laugh
our mantra
love
lynne 
~ ~ ~










 

8 comments:

This N That said...

Believe me...I know how hard it is for one to give up control.especially for men, it seems..It's been a long haul for both of you but there is a light at the end of the tunnel..It takes 6-8 weeks for bones to heal and maybe a bit longer as we age..It seems as though it's been that long? Love your puzzles..Glad you dabbled in some paint. That had to be fun..Hoping that one day in the not too distant future your lives will be back to some semblance of "normal"..Much Love!!

Terra said...

I hope your dear hubby continues to heal. It is hard to make unwanted changes, but you are doing it friend. I like all your photos, that red cardinal and the funnies, like the one about keep eating cake so you will be hard to kidnap. Good ones.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've been seeing your puzzles on FB, and will admit that I didn't even know you could do them online - I've got to get out more because I'm going to have to try it.

It has been quite a journey you and Mr. Irish have been on, and I am so glad that he's doing so well - I know it's due in part to the great care and love he's getting from his home-nurse. YOU! ❤

Retired Knitter said...

Welcome to the world of being the only driver. I hope for you this isn’t permanent. It is a small price to pay for his life. Hope healing continues.

Beth at PlantPostings said...

I'm glad the healing is continuing, as frustrating and challenging as the process can be. You are fortunate to have each other, especially with your patience and senses of humor. Here's to peaceful and healthy days ahead!

MarmePurl said...

Love you

Jeanie said...

I love each and every photo. I know things are hard, adjusting to a temporary new normal but it sounds like you're doing well with it and to that I say three cheers! It's so hard to give up control -- but equally hard to be the one who must be in control. No one wants to be the bad cop all the time. But I know he appreciates it so much. I'm glad you are taking care of you, in any way that works. You need that! Biggest hugs.

Angel charls said...

If you are using Gmail for a long time then you might know it is prone to some temporary errors. This is bad gateway error. Actually, the 502 Bad Gateway is an HTTP status code that indicates that one server on the internet is receiving an invalid response from another server. There is no one particular browser, or operating system vulnerable to this error. In fact, this kind of problem can occur in any kind of browser, operating system or device. If you don’t know how to fix Gmail error 502 then this post can help you a lot. Here, we have discuss what you can do in order to fix Gmail 502 bad gateway errors in a convenient manner. whenever if you face any kind of issue with this then you need to dial Gmail Telefoonnummerto get instant support from technicians hand.