Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Thought About This . . .

 Many years ago, when I first started my
Irish Garden House blog 
there was a blogger, (Penny) 
who wrote a post about a blogger friend who had died.  
I was touched by her post
and I have wondered and pondered about this since then.  

What do we do, when we know of someone’s passing
and realize not everyone else “may know.”
I knew/know I would want to know.
My blogging friends (you) are family.
There was a time when I posted daily,
I may not do a post daily now
but I can truthfully say
I think of each of you 
often daily often!

So for those of you who blogged with Linda, 
title something like this, “woke up, got out of bed . . . 
this is what a friend told me the other day
and what I then read on Instagram.


Linda was a beautiful person, 
artist, writer, gardener, friend, wife, mom,
granny, crorchet-er, blogger, photographer,
sea glass collector, 
and so much more.

The Instagram message above and
the photos below are from her 
family message and her posts.


Like I said earlier,
I thought you might like to know.
I am so very saddened for her husband, 
or as she would say, her, “boyfriend,”
and her two daughters, son and her three grandchildren.







with my love and caring . . .
love
lynne

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lynne, because it IS a loss, whether one has met in person or not. Our blog friends ARE our friends. I have had a dear blogger (who I was fortunate enough to meet) die in the past and that really got to me in ways that the deaths of even some I know in person and probably better have. Her work looks lovely and I know you will be missing her blog.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Dear Lynne,

This is a wonderfully tender tribute to your virtual friend. As you say, one can feel just as close to people one 'meets' online as to those we know in the real world. Indeed, as has happened to us on more than one occasion, it is an incredibly joyful experience when the virtual and real worlds collide and one meets one's virtual friends in person.

It is a source of amazement to us how well one gets to know someone online. In spite of the distance and the lack of human contact, one instinctively knows if one will get on.

From the snippets you show, Linda was clearly a talented and creative person. Surely, she would have been a wonderful person to meet.

This N That said...

What a nice tribute..You too are a very loving and tender person..Hugs

Beth at PlantPostings said...

She was a talented friend. I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree: Blogging friends are friends. We may not meet in person...or we might. But we are friends. Hugs.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

A beautiful tribute to a blogging friend Lynne . XXXX

barb said...

It is a shock for us. I actually know my online friends better than some people here in town. There is an instagram friend that I am worried about...she just went off-line. Of course she doesn't owe any of us an explanation but we do worry and miss her.

Marge in Michigan said...


This is a lovely tribute to your talented friend, Lynne. Hugs & God bless.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely, to let others know.......

🌿🌷🌱🌷🌿