Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Creativity and inspiration . . .



Creativity and inspiration was a gift from my mother.
I miss my mom and especially in the spring time.
She would have been 100 years old this year.
She loved flowers, gardening, designing, sketching and watercolor.
Drawing and painting was something she always wanted to do.
She took a leap, took some classes and
started creating when she was in her sixties. 
This drawing is hers.  It is a photo I took of her framed 4x6 drawing.
My love of flowers, choosing, planting and arranging came from her.
We always had fresh flowers in our home in the spring, summer and fall.
Thank you mom for
INSPIRATION

If you can dream it, do it.
Walt Disney



This tablescape is difficult to see but I wanted to share it anyway.
The potted fern is really pretty, lacy and delicate. 
The bird nest is one I found on a pussy willow wreath at our home.
The small Carruth stone is a bird nesting with her eggs with the word home below.
HOME

Do what you can with what you have, where you are.
Theodore Roosevelt



A much better view of the fern.
TRYING

Never regret anything that makes you smile.
Kathy



Helebores, or Lenten Rose and also some Trillium from our woods. 
The trillium spreads very, very slowly and I now have four large bunches. 
Michigan spring can be a mix of weather and this year we had plenty of frost.
The trillium were touched by the frost. 
They are for sure, one of my
TREASURES

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir



I hope you are enjoying my flowers as much as I am.
PLEASURE

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.
Tim Russert

The quotes are from a collection of mine in which I have named "Flirting."
Who knows maybe this creation of a blog is where the quotes will find a new home.
ENJOY 






No comments: