Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Love Is A Special Way Of Feeling . . .


A recent birthday, (my own)
and an upcoming birthday of my daughter
set me on a search for a book. 

I shared part of my birthday this year
on a gorgeous day at the lake with dear friends.
The day made me especially aware of friendships
and a sincere appreciation for
life treasures and blessings.

Tucked away in my collection of books I found,
Love Is A Special Way Of Feeling
Joan Walsh Anglund

Please enjoy this story along with me . . .


Love is a special way of feeling . . . .


It is the safe way we feel when we sit on our mother's lap
with her arms around us tight and close.


It is the good way we feel when we talk to someone
and they want to listen and don't tell us to go away and be quiet. 


It is the happy way we feel when
we save a bird that has been hurt  . . .


or feed a lost cat . . .


or calm a frightened colt. 


Love is found in unexpected places . . .
It is there in the quiet moment
when we first discover a beautiful thing . . .
when we watch a bird soar
high against a pale blue sky . . .


when we see a lovely flower
that no one else has noticed.


when we find a place
that shelters us and is
all our very own.


Love starts in little ways . . .
It may begin the day
we first share our
thoughts with someone else . . .


or help someone who needs us . . .


Or, sometimes, it begins
because, even without words,
we understand how someone feels. 


Love comes quietly . . .
but you know when it is there,
because, suddenly . . .
you are not alone any more . . .
and there is no sadness
inside you. 


Love is a happy feeling
that stays inside your heart for the rest of your life. 
~~~ 
The End

This book was given to my daughter for her birthday many years ago. 

I think she needs to receive this once again
for her July 7, 2011 birthday. don't you?


1977

3 comments:

At Home in English Valley said...

I have a couple of her books too. One is autographed and found for a quarter. I emjoyed story time with you, and wish your dear one a happy birthday. Love, Penny

Barb said...

Very nice my dear friend!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I would be thrilled to get that book {again} as a BD gift! I am so sentimental.....
Loved this :)
Have yourself a wonderful little day, Lynne!
xo, misha