Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Days of September . . .


a garden art reminder
soon to be covered with leaves
and then the snow


Each acorn I watch
falling in the yard
I smile
Because "they" say
tons of acorns
tons of snow
and I say
"no problem for me"

Winter and Snow
live comfortably
in my
Wisconsin Born Heart




But until then
I am going to enjoy
a delicious fall season 
and
the fruits it brings to the table




the gardens are ready to sleep
plants have been cut back
and
lately I have had time to
play and create
 indoors





This summer I took a photo
of a pumpkin I saw at a
 a flea market in Tipton, Indiana
My friend Barbie and I traveled
to this market together
and although
this market was small
we found ideas galore
and some
we are recreating.

Barbie and I met together yesterday
and played around with materials and
here are some of the pumpkin creations.

They are made from
old light weight sweaters.  
I found that the
sleeve of the sweater
produced the best results.
 
Barbie found some natural items
from her yard which we used
as well as some threads and yarns
for embellishment.





I have had some
busy, busy days of late
and it was great fun last night
to knit a bit on my dish cloths and
 then make some more pumpkins.

My hubby and I are meeting up
with friends tonight for pizza
and I can't wait to bring one of these creations
along for my Icelandic friend.  

Remember this for me. 
Life passes us by so swiftly.
It is important to do for others
 but sometimes in the process
we forget ourselves.

Live your creativity authentically.

~ ~ ~

September

The goldenrod is yellow;
The corn is turning brown;
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down.
The gentian's bluest fringes
Are curling in the sun;
In dusky pods the milkweed
Its hidden silk has spun.
The sedges flaunt their harvest
In every meadow-nook;
And asters by the brookside
Make asters in the brook.
From dewy lanes at morning
The grapes' sweet odors rise;
At noon the roads all flutter
With yellow butterflies.
By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather,
And autumn's best of cheer.




3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those pumpkins are so cute - especially with your little natural embellishments. :)

donna said...

Oh, my....I luv that mossy bunny.

The apples around here are a little late this year...I'm waiting on the Honey Crisp.

Tons of acorns, tons of snow...that's exactly why we cut down the big oak tree a couple years ago. Not really..it wasn't healthy and unfortunately we have others. The oak trees bring so many squirrrels.

You're very creative and crafty. I have not one bit of talent in the craft department and so I always enjoy seeing what others create.

Born in the Badger State? The older I get the more I appreciate living in this part of the country...snow and all.

donna

Rain said...

Perfect little pumpkins!! Love your little bunnies too!!