Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

They are ready . . .

Honey Crisp Apples





See how juicy they are?
I drove to the orchard
this morning to buy
my first bag of
Honey Crisp Apples.
I have already been to this orchard
and purchased Gala and Cortland apples
to make applesauce,
which I made last night.

I ate my first Honey Crisp of the season this morning,
(Bet you figured that out on your own.)
Really, really, really a great apple!





They are the best apples.
Did I already say that? 

Kooinstra Orchard
Maple Island Road
Michigan

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they look absolutely yummy! :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Those look delicious!! Which kind of apple do you think is the best for making pie?

GardenOfDaisies said...

PS- I'm glad you liked the chicken and veggies recipe.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Mmmm. Now I am hungry for apple crisp!
J's grandmother makes awesome applesauce. She puts red-hot candies in it and they melt, making the applesauce spicy!
Geez. Now I'm really hungry...
xo, misha

p.s. thanks for wishing my Mom a happy birthday! I have told her all about you and what a sweetheart you are :) Thanks for being my friend..

Rain said...

Yummy is right--I am soooo ready to get picking!!

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Lynne, A mouth watering post for sure!!!Love, Penny