Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bitter Sweet Vine . . .


which trails up an old oak tree
in my backyard.
(I love the vine as much as the berries.)


I planted it twenty years ago.
This year it has a ton of berries
which makes me very happy.
HOWEVER
the vine has trailed so high in the tree
that the berries have trailed right along with the vine.
THUS
I doubt I will be clipping
many berries from the vine. 

My parents had a glorious bittersweet vine
near their house which shaded a sun porch.
It was my dad's favorite plant
and the reason I planted one in my yard.

This is one true essence of fall!




In case you want to plant one in your yard
you will need one each of the
 male and the female plant
in order to get the berries.

~ ~ ~

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

do the birds/critters enjoy the berries?

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I love any type of vining plant! In the woods behind our home our thick vines growing up many trees. I carefully unwrap sections and then make my grapevine wreaths and hang them in the old smokehouse to dry!
What kind of vine do you think they are? I have no idea!

Thanks for showing us more of garden beauty!!
xo, misha

Anonymous said...

I truly love your blog.. Great colors & theme. Did you create this
amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create my very own site and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is named. Thank you!
Also see my page - ridiculously photogenic guy

Anonymous said...

hermes handbags
off white t shirt
yeezy
kd 12 shoes
golden goose
off white
nike travis scott
goyard handbag
off white
palm angels outlet