Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

November Collectibles and Cuddles . . .

 
 
 
 
Pheasant collectibles from my parents.  My mother marked my daughter Susan's name on the back.  I must give them to her. Her grandpa would let her hold them when she was a tiny tot some forty years ago.  One of the treasures my parents would find at the many estate sales they attended. My dad loved to pheasant hunt so for him this was a treasured find.
  A sheaf of wheat and the pheasants will soon be sitting on our Thanksgiving table. 
 
 
 
 
 
Although she isn't her usual perky self, all is well with Snickers.  She had four "things" removed from her cuddly little body this past Wednesday.  Stitches here and there, you can see one area above.  We have had a few restless nights but all reports are just fine and soon she will be up running around for her treats like usual.  The vet has her on a new regime though, less crunchies, less lunch, less treats and maybe soon, a pound less too.
(I think that is called a diet!)  
 
 

Sleepy eyes and less than perky days . . .
She does not like her picture taken so
sometimes a blurry photo is the best I can do.
 
 

 
Snickers says thank you for your kind comments!



15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the 2nd photo of her made me laugh - she is not liking that diet idea.

i like the pheasants - and even better that they were loved by your parents.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Lynne,

Poor little Snickers,
I hope that she will be back to her little self soon
and be healthy and well.

I love the pheasants, they are great and isn't it lovely to have them from your parents.

Hope your weekend is going well

Fiona

Anonymous said...

Heal up soon, Snicky Poo. And good luck with that diet! Diets are no fun at all, but sometimes totally necessary, so don't get mad at your mama for withholding cookies, okay?

Pamela Gordon said...

I'm glad Snickers is doing better and got a good report. Your pheasants are really nice and special. Enjoy the weekend. Blessings, Pamela

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

HI Snickers!! get some rest & heal!! soak up all that XTRA LOVE coming your way!!

really nice pheasants Lynne...and even more special knowing where they came from!!

happy saturday!

Bonnie said...

Oh, poor poor Snickers. Willie sends her a big doggy ugha-muga (nose rub). Tell her I'm not fond of diets either, bless her! Bonnie

eileeninmd said...

AHHH, she is such a sweetie! I just love your cute Snickers, I am happy all is well after her vet visit. Love the pretty pheasants! Have a lovely evening!

eileeninmd said...

AHHH, she is such a sweetie! I just love your cute Snickers, I am happy all is well after her vet visit. Love the pretty pheasants! Have a lovely evening!

Lynn said...

So if I cut down on crunchies, lunch and treats I’ll be as adorable as Snickers? It’s nice to see other families using cherished collectibles on their Thanksgiving table. It would not be Thanksgiving without our traditional family of turkeys out. Peaceful weekend, Lynne. Hang in there Snickers. Soon all will be well.

Lynn said...

lol ~ I just read what I posted. We are not a family of turkeys. Our collectables are . . . you know what I mean. Ever try to fix something and it just gets worse?

Drat!!!

dee dee said...

Poor little Snickers, I pray that she will be back to normal soon!
What a sweet treasure to have the pheasants to pass onto your daughter.
dee dee

koralee said...

Snickers is adorable..hope she is feeling better soon.
The pheasants are lovely...it is so nice to have something from your parents home now in yours. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photografes.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photografes.

This N That said...

Poor Snickers..sounds like a diet to me..Love the pheasants..