Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Neighorhood Walk, July 4th . . .

 
photo overload, started off from home, one of my pots
astilbe
rear garden on the north side, path to the woods, looking back at the porch/house

Snickers the watch dog

Queen Anne Lace, down the road
 Sun Burst Locust, gorgeous isn't it, look at that blue sky too
Neighbors, Jan and Bob, showing me their new awning
Jan's pretty hanging baskets 
 
Bob and Jan's dog Gizmo, Snickers likes him, he wants nothing to do with her! 

Hosta flower 

Wild Rose in the woods
Hibiscus
 


 Annabelle Hydrangea ready to show her huge white blooms

Border Flower, not sure of the name
 Wild Sweet Pea 

back home, front garden
flags for the front flower pot
birthday treat clean up, plant moving and mulch, around and near the woods 
a huge thank you to my mister irish guy
wind chimes and bitter sweet vine on an old oak tree
now we can see out into the woods
around the south corner
and over to the garden house
read up above on the about
and you will find the inspiration for my blog title
my guy had this replica garden house built several years ago
and a friend and I laid the stone
my friend Mary's
gorgeous Asiatic Lily's
 
embedded into one of our brick walkways
you will find the celtic words above, those words translate to
One Thousand Welcomes
 
I wish we were walking together
along my garden pathways and neighborhood.
~
thank you for staying with me
for the photo overload
get ready
another one is on the way
~
SLAINTE'  

10 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Lynne, what a delightful walk and it looks like summer is bursting at the seams. We're still struggling with growth here; it's cool at night, thankfully, and warm to hot during the day so stuff isn't going gang busters like it usually does.

eileeninmd said...

Lynne, I enjoyed this walk with your around your gardens and neighborhood. Snicker and Gizmo are both looking adorable. Have a great evening!

babs said...

Nice Lynne! The yard looks great. Like the landscaping job!

Lois said...

What an enjoyable walk through your gardens and around your neighborhood.

TexWisGirl said...

love your area! love the asiatic lilies! and i like snickers' buddy.

MarmePurl said...

What a lovely walk we've had together. Thank you.

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Thanks for taking us along on the walk. I sure do like your little Irish garden house! Actually, I like everything about your garden--so inspirational and welcoming. Beautiful!

From the Kitchen said...

I wish we were walking together too. What a lovely setting.

Best,
Bonnie

Musings from Kim K. said...

Love the personal tour. So pretty and very tidy. I'm learning that Maintaining two yards is going to take some creative energy. I did bring some of our flowers to the cottage. Everyone needs some blooms on their table. Hugs.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Great walk and Queen Anne's lace my favorite.