Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

An Irish Lass . . .

 
let me introduce you to Kathleen
 

I know Kathleen from the
Muskegon Irish American Society
Friendship Movie Night
Gardening Interests

there have been many occasions
where we have been together
sharing interests and friendship

I was invited to Kathleen's home the other day for lunch
along with several other gals.

What a treat it was for me to be in her home for the first time
 Kathleen is a collector of antique furnishings and everything Irish.
It was a delight to see her charming style and design.
 
 
Everywhere I turned there was something perfectly Irish,
 
 
there were many art pieces and prints
 I would love to have in our home,
 
 
different collections of Beleek,
 
 
a few leprechauns,
 

 beautiful pieces of furniture,
 
 
even in the bathroom,
  
  
 music components found a home in this gorgeous piece
 

 
 each little corner had something of interest,
 
 
Kathleen found this piece as trash, beside the road,
brought it home
refinished it
beautifully
 
 
of course I would like this corner
see the Peacock feathers
and oh my, the chairs, china desk piece
everything in this room is wonderful


here and there, words and worlds, books and titles
and this tea set
waiting to serve some Irish luck and charm
 
 
we gathered in the garden for lunch and visits
to celebrate
Kathleen
~
 two weeks before
Kathleen had a total makeover
chin, face, tummy
WOW
she looks amazing
surprising, stunning, beautiful

we had much to talk about
 tons of questions
and cosmetic surgery answers
~
all the best
my Irish friend

Love, Lynne
  

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

she has a beautiful home. and i know you enjoyed it. :)

Kerin said...

Ah, what a treat to spend time with her, and in her beautiful home and gardens.
It looks like she's laughing, and there's nothing prettier than a woman that is wearing a smile :)
Wish her best of luck for me in her recovery.

Love that you took pix in the bathroom....

K.

Pondside said...

What a pretty house - and what a brave lady Kathleen is!!

eileeninmd said...

Lynne, your friend Kathleen has a beautiful home. I am sure your enjoyed seeing all the Irish pieces around her home..and the peacock feathers.. Great post, enjoy your day!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Wow Kathleen looks so happy and her home is amazing!!

Louisette said...

Lovely post and fotos, greeting from Belgium

babs said...

dear Kathy....where did this friend come from?

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Evening Lynne, Oh my word, Kathleen has a beautiful home, I can see why you enjoyed your visit.
I loved the peacock feathers they are so very pretty.
Have a lovely day.
Best Wishes
Daphne

This N That said...

Kathleen has some beautiful things. I wish I could afford to have all that work done. Enjoy your day.

Rose said...

Such a beautiful home...she sure has a knack for decorating!

Michelle said...

What a lovely home!

RURAL said...

She has a beautiful collection of antiques...what a treat to see them.

Jen

Sarah Huizenga said...

Definitely some lovely antique furniture pieces in her house.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Kathleen's home is lovely, Lynne. She has some gorgeous antiques. I can't believe she found the table by the side of the road. Really? Amazing. ~ Nancy

Gunn said...

I have just googled BEELEEK.
So here I am, Sunday morning at the kitchen table, and I have already learned something new.