Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cheat Meat Loaf . . .

easy peasy my friends

the idea is from

Kim

Exquisitely Unremarkable

and it sounded like a new twist to meat loaf

so I gave it a try

here it is ready to go into the oven

simple

9x13 size glass or stone ware dish

everything will be fixed in this dish

so in goes your ground round, ground beef, or chuck

with some finely chopped onion

add seasonings of choice

I added some rosemary, oregano, lots of pepper, a little salt

take an egg, whisk it up a bit

and then mix the seasonings, egg into the meat

right in the dish, no crackers, milk, bread, ketchup

cut up some potatoes and onions, place them around the loaf

there you go

dinner in a dish

~

I must say

I have made my mother's meat loaf recipe for years

excellent and tasty

but it always fell apart

this works, I tell you

cuts up perfectly, doesn't fall apart

we topped it with our own homemade chili relish

mister irish garden house gave it a huge thumbs up

I just love it when I try out something new

and it tastes great too

~

Thanks Kim

Loved It

 

12 comments:

Kim said...

Lynne, I am so glad you liked it and it turned out well!! You just made my night!! Thanks so much for sharing it. xoxox

Gail said...

Easy and it looks and tastes good, too. Can't beat that.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Lynne! looks yummy. The chili relish sounds great too. Thanks for sharing, I give you my thumbs up too. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Jeanie said...

This looks great but what I really love is that it is done in the same pan so the potatoes and all roast at the same time. Brilliant!

Barbara Lilian in France said...

I too have so many different recipes for meat loaf and they also fall apart, I'm all for one pot recipes, so I'll this one a try. Thanks Lynne.

A Joyful Cottage said...

I'm glad you tried Kim's recipe and liked it. I've been making my meatloaf the same way (since we gave up gluten over a year ago) and I'm amazed at how much I don't miss the bread or cracker crumbs. I like how she adds potatoes to the dish, as you did. Easy. xo

Pondside said...

I saw that on Kim's blog too and filed it away. I really have to try it! I can imagine that I'm surrounded by the yummy aroma of that meat loaf!

podso said...

We love meatloaf here so I will try this recipe. I think the egg is one of the keys to keeping it from falling apart. it looks delicious!

handmade by amalia said...

Easy recipes are the best!
Amalia
xo

Linda said...

HI Lynne!
Hope you are well....
This is interesting...I use dry onion soup mix in my meatloaf...
Did you find it greasy?
Enjoy your evening...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

This N That said...

Easy peasey is right up my alley..Thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

supreme
kevin durant shoes
goyard outlet
kawhi leonard shoes
curry shoes
supreme outlet
curry 8 shoes
off white outlet
curry 6
goyard bag