Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer Weekend . . .


friday night walleye was just one part
of our great summery weekend
the weather has been cool to warm
beautiful summery days and eve's
sunday eve we walked the
North Muskegon channel out to Lake Michigan
snickers joined us
and she insisted walking on that narrow curb
just her right size i suppose
silly little doggie she can be



as we walked the channel,
we saw a family of ducks
male, female and their ducklings
the three little ones
were tucked up under the large boulders


as we walked the channel
snickers pulled us off on one of the sand trails
up into the dunes
we climbed
up to the top
where we could see the vastness of
Lake Michigan

tucked into the dune
there was someone else enjoying
the warmth and view



snickers pulled mister irish
back to the car


it was a full moon evening as we drove home


I see the moon
the moon sees me
up there over the apple tree
(i used to sing that to my children)

see that little white round moon


i haven't a camera to catch great shots of the moon
one day when i grow up maybe
i'll get a big girl camera
until then
iphone or pad for my pics

standing in the road in front of our house
i was able to get this midnight shot of the moon

~
this week i am
linking up on thursday with
Good Fences
and
on saturday with
and
Saturday's Critters
~
happy week my friends



20 comments:

babs said...

Great evenings! LOve this weather!

barb said...

Nice post. Love the pictures. You live in a pretty area.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Your dog wanting to walk along that little curb is like our cat choosing to walk along the fence when he is out with us. Lovely summer weekend. -Jenn

simply bev said...

A walk along the lake shore sounds like a perfect way to spend a summer evening. And what a cutie Snickers is!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful walk! Your pictures are lovely. I hope you are doing well and having a lovely week. Hugs!

TexWisGirl said...

how cute is she on that curb! loved the fence shot, too.

Pepper Medley said...

I think I'd enjoy sitting in the same spot that girl is sitting on the dune. Looks like a great sandy area sort of hidden away from public view. Wonder if she would leave and let me have that spot. LOL

This N That said...

Looks like a lovely place to walk and spend the evening..( Snickers leading the way). They tend to do that ;)....I always say that Mollie is taking me for a walk..I wish she would share her ice collar..

Kim said...

The beach, a pup and a glance of the moon...now that is summer to me!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Beautiful walk! We sing "I see the moon, the moon see me, God Bless the moon and God bless me" to the kids whenever we see a big one like that too!

Tanya Breese said...

looks like snickers had an enjoyable day!

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful. I love all you nice summer photos.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lovely....

Small City Scenes said...

Thanks for taking us on your walk. I just love summer evenings. I used to sing I see the moon to my children only the last lines then for me were ' God bless the Moon and God bless me. Funny how everything is the same only it isn't. "my thought for the day"==LOL
MB

Anita Johnson said...

Totally enjoyed this....and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'll look into that ap. Love your shots. I had to retire my big camera because of my illness....your iPhone pictures are inspiring. Very hot here in Wisconsin....90

bj said...

a very lovely walk
its too hot here to take them..except in evenings...and they are pretty hot, too.....

Gail said...

These moments like this are so precious.

GranthamLynn said...

Great shots. The girl in the dunes is marvelous. Thanks for sharing your lovely walk. I was afraid the dog would fall in the first one!

Ida said...

Very nice post. I liked your fence shot & your sweet little Snickers. One of our cats is named, Snickers.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I always love seeing your cute furbaby. The photos of the water are beautiful. It looks like a great place for a walk. I am catching up after a trip to Florida. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and week ahead!