Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This and That . . .

Youngest grandson Jordon, his friend McKenna, her mom, dad
and more family and friends are taking off
VERY early from Chicago on Thursday,
for a weeks vacation in Aruba . . .

I went to the movies at the Windsor Theater, Hampton, Iowa on my spring breaks . . .
Just sayin' . . .


Paint Time here at my house on Thursday.
Friends Donna and Barbie will be here . . .
i have a couple things I am going to paint.


I have been wanting to try and paint this picture my mom painted many years ago.
It is one of my favorite pictures of hers. I think I will give it a try . . .
I think it is a picture of Herbert Hoover's birth place in Iowa.
I think it looks a lot like a Garden House!



I like these pictures above too.
I need a picture to look at, wish I could paint something from my thoughts.


Revere Ware pans . . . they have to be the best ever.
They have been with me for fifty six years . . . and haven't failed me yet.
Nothing broken or missing.
Look just like they did when I opened them at a bridal shower in 1961.
I used to spread some ketchup on a plate, set the pan in the ketchup
and clean the copper bottom that way.
Have you used that trick . . .


Best book I have read in a few years.
Not an easy read . . .
Couldn't stop reading . . .
Learned a bunch about myself . . . some things I wasn't happy about . . .
I like that I can learn though, always room for improvement . . .

John Hart's, 2009, The Last Child . . . was a good read from a few years ago.

I made a tuna salad for dinner tonight . . .
celery, red onion, hard boiled egg, pepper, albacore tuna, mayo . . .
and then mister Irish goes and adds pickle relish to his . . .
I swear, he adds pickle relish to everything . . .


Remember . . . I warned you . . . a bunch of this and that . . .


The baby eagles are hatching in DC . . . Google . . . Washington DC Eagle Cam . . .

These two pictures popped up together on FB this morning . . .
with information that we have known each other for two years . . . on FB.
I thought I would say something about our knowing one another here
instead of on FB . . .
because some of you may know Missy and some of you know of me.
And I am not sure who knows us on Facebook . . .

Actually it has been a bit longer that we have known each other because I met
Missy George right here, through Irish Garden House.
I know her from http://missymax-thisandthat.blogspot.com
We have struck up quite a friendship.
Unique, some might say, to have a friendship with someone you meet through a blog, FB . . .
I find it especially unique . . .

Missy and I have many things in common . . .
She worked as a nurse in a hospital. I worked in a hospital too . . . as a chaplain . . .
so, maybe that was something that drew me to Missy . . .

I think though . . . It was her Mollie, that drew me to her . . . and her Max.
The companionship, love we each feel with our pets is quite remarkable . . .
We chat Snickers/Mollie stuff a bunch . . .
Max died a few months ago . . . It was a very sad time for Missy.
Max had been with her for many years . . .
Zoey has recently joined the Missy and Mollie family . . .
I think Zoey joining the family has been a "happy happening!"

Missy snaps the best pics of her furry friends
and of the frequent birds and critters that visit her feeders.
And of all the other experiences in her life.

The thing I like best about Missy, is that she "gets" me . . .
We have walked in some of the same shoes of life . . .
She knows the difference between 'alone' and 'lonely'.
She knows "single" . . . "widow" . . .
I am familiar with these words too.
Missy knows private, family, work, community, love, giving, sharing, helping, understanding.
Missy knows chocolate . . .
She knows sister love . . . her twin . . .
Missy and I talk about many of these things in our chats, through our posts, somewhat on FB.
We have never had eye ball to eye ball visits.
We know one thing though . . .
We feel part of one another . . .
I feel part of her life.
I think she feels part of my life.

One day I hope we can meet in person . . .
If that happens . . . how wonderful . . .
If not . . .
How wonderful I feel invited into Missy's life . . .
How wonderful I feel included in hers . . .
visa versa . . .

Happy Days my friend . . . I care about you . . .


One more thing . . .
Painting some carrot cards sounds like a very good thing . . .

*****

“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way”
Martin Luther King, Jr.

13 comments:

Tanna said...

Enjoyed this post so much!! Our "spring breaks" meant we got to stay home from school! LOL!! There were always chores and projects to be done. Not the fun kind of projects I do with the grands either. LOL!
I need some kind of inspiration for painting, too. Bummer. Wish it would just flow out of my head. Ha! Those carrot cards look very fun!
Looks like a wonderful tuna salad... with or without the relish.
Loved reading about your friendship with Missy. It is truly amazing the bonds created through our online connections.
I'm going to need to put that Jodi Picoult book on my reading list... there IS always room for improvement for this person. ;) Lots of it.
Hope you have a wonderful day! blessings and hugs ~ tanna
ps love that your mother painted, too!

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I liked reading about your bit of this, bit of that. What a unique, wonderful friendship you have! I hear you about Spring Break - I just stayed home. Thanks for the book suggestions. -Jenn

eileeninmd said...

Hello, after being back in Maryland now I am ready for some warm weather. A few weeks in Aruba sounds awesome. What a lovely post on Missy, she is a sweet person. Looking forward to seeing your paintings, I would love the flowers. Enjoy your day!

Jeanie said...

Oh, so much to love here! The carrot cards -- awesome! And I love your other paintings, too! The salad looks yum and the books good. But your friendship with Missy sounds so special, so valued. I really loved reading about that! What grand times. (Aruba? Much better than my spring breaks...)

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the water colours Lynne. I've had a hankering to paint lately and don't even own watercolours so maybe I should invest in some. I've been using craft paint in the past and my paintings are just lines in my favourite shades. But, I'd like to do some flowers with watercolours. It's amazing how blog friends become so close isn't it? It's fun to find a kindred spirit even though we've never met. Have a lovely spring day there!

This N That said...

There are no words..It would be wonderful to meet you some day but until then, please accept a huge cyber hug from me...So happy to have you in my life and to be able to "talk" with you each day..Much love....
PS Love your watercolors..You have a wonderful talent as did your Mom..the little cottage is beautiful..

A Joyful Cottage said...

I have a friend who "gets me", too. Just had a visit with her this morning over coffee. Priceless. Aruba sounds nice. Cute couple. I love your mother's painting. . .a perfect cottage. xo

Anonymous said...

what warm comments about my loving sister, Missy! I am glad that she has a special friend like you, Lynne. I hope she can meet you some day. Ann

barb said...

I've been savoring my picoult book. Glad to know is a good one.

Kim said...

Sometimes I like the "this and that" kind of posts best...so much fun to read! :)

Ida said...

This was a fun post. I loved the tulips, you should paint them.
How fun to have someone come and paint with you.
I also enjoyed hearing about your friend, Missy & will check out her blog.
Oh, I put pickle relish in my tuna too!

Beth @ PlantPostings said...

Beautiful flower paintings! You have wonderful, exciting happenings going on. Your family and friends are so beautiful and cheery. So full of life. Thanks for this optimistic post!

susan said...

Love the picture your mom did. How wonderful that you inherited her talent.
Aruba for spring break - I think you should tag along!