Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2018

No Doubt About It . . .

Spring arrived . . .
I am loving looking to the days ahead . . . I needed this sunshine, fresh air, warmth, spring!

I had cleaned a large section of the yard before this last onslaught of winter. I had two large containers of twigs that needed burning. One of my faborite jobs. Seriously . . . I find it relaxing plus I like crossing things off my “to do” list.

The Smith Hawkin container is my handiest gardening tool. A friend gave it to me a few years ago plus a similiar one she found for me at a garage sale. (Aren’t friends wonderful!). I need to get anothe one. It (they) are light weight, fold up flat when not in use plus I can easily lift them, carry them from place to place. They seldom get folded up . . . I keep one usually in the garden house and when I see brush/twigs in the yard, I pick them up, toss them in.

Sorry about that, got off track for a minute . . . back to the two containers filled with twigs . . . Mister Irish had to help me transport them to the fire pit area back in the woods. Filled to the brim, heavy, waiting in the garage since February . . . for a no wind day, no snow or rain . . .

“The Burn”took me about four hours but it completed a huge spring cleanup job. I take my time, keep the area clean, sit a bit and dream up planting and flowering ideas. Love it! I am happy I stayed with the early cleanup in February when we had “fake spring” weather because I am now seventy five percent finished. The rest will be easy peasy . . .


This week, perfect weather predicted. I am focused and ready to check more things off my list. I ordered a bunch of seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. They should be here this week. It is time for me to get the new area ready for the flower seed planting. Let’s hope they thrive! Just a few I am planning on are, Cosmos, Zinnias, Canterbury Bells, California & Alpine Poppy, Bells of Ireland.
Exciting . . .



Enjoy the week . . .
Love your outdoor settings, just like you enjoy the inside of your home . . .
stay true to yourself . . .
be authentic . . .
it makes life rich . . .

‘till soon . . .
love
lynne

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we had a nice warm weekend. Lovely days for walks. Hubby has been sprucing up the yard. Your container looks very handy. We usually buy our annuals the middle of May due to late frost. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

MarmePurl said...

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!

Anonymous said...

Those look like very handy containers! Still waiting for all the snow to melt before I can start my garden clean up - the temperatures are finally getting warm enough for this to happen in the not too distant future (fingers crossed). Dreaming on new flowers and getting back into the garden - one of my favorite things!

Kim said...

I hope it sticks around!!

Aritha V. said...

What a beautiful flower pjoto's! Thank you so mch for sharing,

This N That said...

We have had a lot of" fake springs" this year..pretty flowers..Great containers!! Easy storage too..Enjoy your week..

krishna said...

Today our weather is really hot.. but, most probably the temperature will go down.. :(

Beth at PlantPostings said...

It's a joy, isn't it? I can't believe how perfect the last few days have been. I feel behind on the garden tasks, but the weather sure is perfect now for catching up. :)

Tanna said...

There is something therapeutic about burning the things that are "done". Liberating. Making way for the new. You are a hard worker, Lynne! I know your yard is going to reflect all the hard work and love you put into it! YES, on all you said!! blessings ~ tanna

Tanna said...

PS thanks for the info on that Smith and Hawkins container!

Jeanie said...

Beautiful spring color! Wow -- it just makes me happy!

And your gardening basket is terrific -- I like that it can easily fold and is very sturdy. You remind me -- I need to plant my lettuce!

Bill said...

The spring flowers are very nice to see. Good luck with your spring cleanup and enjoy the weather.

Linda said...

Love a good twig fire! And that bag...is just,well...fabulous!
We got a lot burned yesterday at the cottage...looks way better!
Enjoy your week...
Cheers!
Linda :o)