Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Did I Meet You Then . . .

Month of May 2011 . . .
I created Irish Garden House . . .
Here is my Memorial Day post from back then . . .

**********

Memorial Day
a day to give pause and honor
for those who have died . . .

I don't hesitate to make a trip to the cemetery
In fact I find it a quiet place to visit
There is no rush or scattered, frantic, hurry
I enjoy seeing others tending and reflecting
I imagine the life stories of the many lives
marked in marble, stone and in personal markings . . .

Thoughts of parents surround me
of their children who have died
and the hopes, dreams, promises that must have also died . . .
My heart feels love and tenderness . . .


I find history and wonder . . . who is left to tend, to reflect?

I remember a death of almost 31 years ago, (unbelievable to realize it is now 38 years ago)
I don't have to go to the cemetery to remember
Although in going I am reminded once again
of my late husband . . . love, memories, laughter, children, friends and family . . .

It feels right and good
to honor, to respect,
to reflect . . .

Walk through a cemetery sometime.
Stop . . . pause . . . reflect.
Love, Lynne

**********

Bits and Pieces

People . . .
People important to you, people unimportant to you
cross your life, touch it with love and carelessness and move on.

There are people who leave you and you breathe a sigh of relief
and wonder why you ever came in contact with them.

There are people who leave you and you breathe a sigh of remorse
and wonder why they had to go away and leave such a gapping hole.

People change homes.
People grow apart.
Enemies hate and move on.
Friends love and move on.
Children change and grow and make choices and move on.

You think of the many people who have moved into your hazy memory.
You look on those present, and wonder.

People move in and out of one another's lives
and each person leaves its mark, “it’s touch,” on the other.

You find that you are made up of bits and pieces
of all who have ever touched your life . . .

and you are more because of it . . .
and you would be less if they had not touched you.

May you accept the bits and pieces in humility and wonder . . .
and never question and never regret.

Bits and Pieces . . .
Bits and Pieces . . .

author unknown
paraphrased from the original

**********
Is that when I met you . . . May.. . 2011 . . .
Maybe not until months after . . . years . . . I wonder, let me know . . .

I remember those first days of doing a post and my first comment . . .
What a thrill . . .

Comments are a wonderful part of blogging, the other part I like is creating the post.
Arriving with an idea, telling the story, including pictures.
Instagram is quick and nice . . . a post seems more like writing a letter . . . I like it best . . .

It was . . . and is . . . all about life stories for me . . .
Thank you for being in my life, following along, staying “tuned in!”

‘till next time . . .
love
lynne

*****
The following two pics . . . putting flowers at Gary’s grave on Tuesday . . .


7 comments:

This N That said...

Beautiful post Lynne..going to the cemetery after Memorial Day..I Haven't been for a long time...Have a nice Memorial Day..

Beth at PlantPostings said...

A wonderful remembrance, Lynne, and a beautiful month to mark the beginnings of your blog. Happy blogaversary, and have a blessed Memorial Day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Lynne, beautiful post and tribute. Happy Blog Anniversary. I am happy to have found your blog, I enjoy your post and words. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you and your family.

Jeanie said...

I don't think we met that long ago, but it seems like a very long time -- a GOOD long time, one I treasure.

Your words here are just beautiful. I love the photos of the cemetery you shared and the flowers you leave at Gary's grave are beautiful. I feel comfortable and safe in cemeteries. Places of peace, as they should be. We are going this weekend too, but I often drive by en route to Kate's house and wave.

Don't you love blog anniversaries? They remind of us friendships that are indeed so special and the things of life that we share.

Marge in Michigan said...

Happy Blog Anniversary, Lynne. Your message today was very touching and I so enjoyed reading it. You certainly have a way with words. Thank you! Hubby & I were at St. Mary's Cemetery last week as most of our family members are laid to rest there. It is a beautiful place. Blessings for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, Lynne.

yanmaneee said...

moncler jackets
supreme clothing
moncler
moncler outlet
golden goose
golden goose
goyard
supreme clothing
yeezy shoes
golden goose

Anonymous said...

supreme hoodie
chrome hearts outlet
supreme clothing
bape
russell westbrook shoes
bape outlet
goyard tote bag
supreme clothing
palm angels t shirt
supreme