Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2018

10,000 steps plus . . .

Spent the afternoon and into the evening . . . raking the entire yard . . .
sticks, acorns, mushrooms, leaves . . . huge mess from the past week of storms.
Whew . . . it was a work out . . .
Piles upon piles around the yard . . .
Mister Irish “picked up” and I jumped onto my John Deere tractor and mowed the lawn.


Walked around the yard this morning, September 1, to check things out.
A few blooms hanging on but the season is certainly at its end here on Riverwood.
You’ll catch a glimpse of one of my walking sticks near a green hydrangea.
Returned to my walking a few days ago after a six month break due to some back problems.
I think the walking sticks will help considerably.
Looking forward to getting back to my two mile daily goal.
Fall and winter walking is my favorite . . . cheer me on . . .



I took a couple of breaks during my raking and the heat . . . to grab some water and rest.
Little Miss Snickers Charmer has moved into a new phase . . . sleeps more than awake.
Sure do like this “Little Miss” . . .

enjoy these September days . . .

’till next time . . .
love
lynne

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Lynne!

The yard work is not fun but must be done. I am glad you and your back are feeling better.
Your flowers are lovely. I like Fall but not too crazy over winter. Your Little Miss is adorable. Cute poem. Enjoy your day and weekend.

This N That said...

Love the "Little dog rhapsody"..I'm sure she helped you out a lot with your yard work. Mollie sleeps most of th time as well..I always enjoy your woodsy photos..So lush and green..I miss my John Deere..I enjoyed mowing with it..Never knew when to stop..Always did the neighbors too..It was always a rewarding job..This summer has been so hot and buggy that I have really neglected my garden..Not fun..More 90's next week..Maybe all will be here soon...I hope..Enjoy your weekend.

bj said...

After so so many years of yard work, I, at last, don't have to do it or worry about it. Son has a wonderful riding mower and keeps the grounds of his beautiful home just about spotless. I putter in my container garden...which is on it's last leg now...this I love doing...no REAL work at all....

eileeninmd said...

Hello Lynne,

I wanted to stop back and say thanks for linking up your sweet furbaby and post.
Enjoy your day and the new week ahead. PS, I appreciate your comments and visits.

Karen Lakis said...

I am cheering you on in your walking goal! I'm glad your back is feeling better - getting back to walking will make everything else feel good too. I never really want to go out and walk, but once I start out, I enjoy it so much that I wonder why I didn't want to to begin with...

Jeanie said...

A lovely way to begin my day, walking with you. I don't think I realized your walks were on hiatus. Good luck with getting back. I'm very worried about my walking in England with my foot issues. Up here I usually did at least two miles a day. Now I'm not sure I could get half that way without the foot rearing up.

Your garden is lovely!

Bill said...

Cleaning up the yard can be a pain. Now you can concentrate on getting back to your goal of walking. Wishing you good luck and a nice new week.

Kerin said...

Prepping the yard and garden for winter is always a tremendous amount of work, but come spring time it proves to be a rewarded effort, doesn't it :)

I do hope you are able to get your walking in again.
Feels so nice to stretch our legs and get the old blood a~flowing.
I've had times when I couldn't walk and it is so aggravating.

I love your yard and your flowers are amazing!

Sending {{hugs}}
~K.

Kim said...

Lynne, you are always coiffed, polished and jeweled to the nines, I giggled a little when I thought of you hopping on your John Deere! What a glamorous ride!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love all Mary Oliver poems. Hope you back is feeling better. If I had to miss a season of walking, summer would be the one to miss, I hate the hot. Yard work seems to be never ending doesn't it.