Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Feeling The Green . . .


 IRISH
“feeling it” 
I am English, a wee bit Scottish, married to “Mister Irish 
this month, each day, I am all about green
Blessings, Ireland, Thoughts, Pictures, Favorites


I was recently reminded about a blog event I attended ten years ago.
I had made polymer clay shamrock clover ornaments 
to bring with me to recognize my blog, 
Irish Garden House.

Fast forward to today, I decided to make more ornaments.
I made many, cookie cutter shamrocks, clovers of different sizes  
and used old tatting cloths to press into the clay to make the designs.  


The idea blossomed in my mind and my creative genes started a jig.  
Each day, something new pops into my mind.  
We are renewing our passports, saving our coins 
and as soon as this virus calms down
and before I get much older
we are scheduling ourselves 
for more green.


We have been blessed to have visited Ireland three times.
Oh my this view . . . look at that green . . . one of my favorites.
I am smitten for the Irish, the country, the green.  
the history, the stone, the peat, the lichen, the lilt, the laughter.
and yes, 
the Paddy’s too.


Playing with the clay reminded me of the many mementos,
cards, pictures, linens, pottery I/we have collected from our travels.  
Some of the dishes, cloths and such can be seen here and there.


Each shamrock has an emerald ribbon, 
Makes it easy to hang in a window or stretch it across some green.  
I took some to the gals I volunteer with at the hospital on Monday. 
A couple of the gals put them on, wore them like a necklace.  


I was thrilled to do wax rubbings of Celtic designs 
on grave markers during our first trip.
Each trip has taken us to the grave yards 
to view the markings and art, a reverence like no other.
I need to dig out some of those old photos!

Photo above was taken from the car, my favorite 
Crocosmia which grows all over along the hedge rows.


and soon it will be greening up here.
I love the mix of many different greens.  
My White Bleeding Heart is one of my early blooms.  
~
Happy March Spring Days
Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Thank you for your friendship, following, visiting, commenting.
“Mister Irish” sends HAPPY wishes too!



~ ~ ~ 
‘tis better by far
at the rainbows end
to not find gold
but the heart of a friend.
love
lynne

9 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Ireland and England are two countries at the top of my list to visit - should I EVER get to travel before I die.

Shari Burke said...

Bill and I are so grateful that we get to live in Ireland. It's a wonderful country and so beautiful. :-)

This N That said...

I am Scottish and English as well..imagine that!! We visited Ireland many years ago..Beautiful..Enjoyed your pictures...

Marge in Michigan said...


OMG, Lynne, THREE visits to Ireland? If you ever told me, I didn't hear you! I loved my one (and only) 10-day tour there 6-years ago. I have beautiful pictures & incredible memories! Today's touch of Irish in your dishes & shamrocks is wonderful. Hello to Mr. Irish & Snickers!

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Lucky you! I've never been to Ireland, but would love to go. I'd like to visit Wales, too, and more of England. We spent a week in London, and it wasn't enough. Happy almost St. Patrick's Day!

HWIT BLOGG said...

So lovely post! Ireland is on my top-to-go-plan!
Have a beautiful day :)
Titti

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Lynne, I love, love, love and have so enjoyed this very fun post!! My Mom and of course her parents were both Irish, and so this definitely has me "feeling the green" and smiling too!

barb said...

I wonder if we could take our camper?

jasonbob said...

nike react
curry shoes
kyrie irving
kyrie 6
goyard
off-white
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
canada goose outlet
golden goose francy
irving shoes