Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Seven Days Left . . .


we are hoping the heavy rains will stay away
soft and gentle please remain
gentle rain keeps the yard and gardens lush and green


we are still in water 
but it is a bit dryer
everything remains up
or on the porch
a mess, to say the least
we have rallied




lost a bit
what with
a large gifted mickey mouse history book
and furnace and air 
we have lost some time energy hope 
yet we keep getting energized
this too shall pass


i salvaged this large calligraphy piece yesterday
my late husbands eulogy
it was hanging in the family room
collecting moisture from the air
thought it best to bring it upstairs
and put it in a temporary corner for bit


may days weren’t what we had planned 
but flowers are flowering
granddaughter amanda’s august wedding is still on schedule
we are enjoying plenty of fresh asparagus


“our fluffy snickers doggie looking like a non sheared sheep”
gets sheared tomorrow
four months since a grooming
her eyes are hidden 
i will post a picture of her new “do” soon


i have seven days left of celebrating eighty 
and I am going to enjoy every minute


flowers are plenty
fresh
pretty
first cut for inside
oh happy day


thank you for visiting 
‘til next time
love
lynne

14 comments:

Terra said...

Your flowers and cake are pretty, and your sheep will be cute too after hair cut/groomers visit.

Kerin said...

You have got such a positive attitude; that inspires me!
Wishing you a very, very Happy Birthday, albeit a bit early :)

We are drying up here in the west, and I wish for rain, and you would love a bit of dry weather it seems....isn't that the way it goes?!

Snickers has turned into a shaggy dog and will appreciate a summer haircut, I'm sure..LOL!

Enjoy all of your gorgeous flowers, impending wedding celebrations and activities.

Smiles :)
~K.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Happy birthday, my friend. Your photos show just how lovely the environment is where you live. You are a blessed woman. With a beautiful family and lovely home. Enjoy every minute! Hugs, Nancy P.S. Glad things are drying out for you. Floods are no fun.

Kim said...

Happy, Happy Birthday my friend. I hope it's a wonderful day and a fabulous year!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Happy birthday, Lynne! I was curious about your seven days. I hope you are truly enjoying the simple joys. The world is a crazy place, but there are still happy little beauties. The Siberian Irises you shared with me a couple of years ago are blooming now. Thank you again--they are beautiful!

barb said...

Glad you're surviving there. We could use a little more rain here. We have been giving each other haircuts and am finding I love mine. A 1" blade on my electric shears is perfect for my out of control curly hair.

Linda said...

💗🎂🎈
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday Lynne. Your garden looks beautiful .... your rhododendron is massive !!!
Keep positive .... hopefully the drying out process will soon be over. In the meantime, enjoy your lovely garden. XXXX

Jeanie said...

snickers looks so cute and fluffy that way but I'll bet she gets warm.

The garden and all look wonderful and I'm so very glad you saved the calligraphy piece. How beautiful and meaningful.

Have a wonderful countdown!

Jeanie said...

snickers looks so cute and fluffy that way but I'll bet she gets warm.

The garden and all look wonderful and I'm so very glad you saved the calligraphy piece. How beautiful and meaningful.

Have a wonderful countdown!

Marge in Michigan said...

Hello, Lynne! I love your beautiful yard, your flowers & your positive attitude. Have a wonderful birthday. Hugs to you!

Retired Knitter said...

Such a wonderful attitude! Celebrating 80!

Karen said...

I'm glad to see that you're drying out, and happy, too, about the things you were able to salvage! I guess if there is a silver lining, your flowers are beautiful. Happy Birthday - I hope you've been enjoying every last moment of those seven days