Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

What’s Happening . . .











right about now
i find it perfect
for green and color
everything is new, vibrant
showing their best 

this is asparagus land
and we are loving the fresh
steamed, grilled, fried with onions

snickers was trimmed
more than a trim though
she is a changed woman 
removing all of her months of curl growth
my turn next
my hair gal just sent the word
opening next week

a treat for sure for me to have been asked 
to be with great grand oakland for a few hours this past week
it had been four months 
we broke the no touch rule
we hugged and hugged
drew pictures, talked, listened, 
and then she, me, her dad 
went to a smooth church parking lot 
so she could skate
pretty amazing balance for a six year old

turning the eighty page to eighty one tomorrow
we will be at the lake at my sons
social distancing on the deck
while hopefully i will see my first
Bald Eagle
in person
my birthday wish
~
let us all toss away racism 
and 
live 
peace

love
lynne
be back soon







5 comments:

This N That said...

Beautiful post Lynne.Love all the flowers and greenery.Wishing you the happiest of birthdays..Enjoy your day..Get away from it all!! Big Hugs!!

Jeanie said...

Did Snickers' personality change when she got her haircut?! She's so darned cute.

And I'm glad you've been having good time with Oakland. Oh, yes, asparagus season is one of the best. So very much to love.

I know your birthday is one of these days but I'm so off schedule I don't know which. MOST happy greetigns to you!

Retired Knitter said...

Amen to setting racism aside - and live in peace. Unfortunately some cannot leave it aside and they pass it down to their children and grandchildren and this horrible obsession they have just continues.

NanaDiana said...

Lynne- So glad you could spend real time with your grandgirl and that you have more family time coming up.
Wish we could find some fresh asparagus here.My friend no longer owns the place that used to provide us with asparagus. We do love it.
Praying for more peaceful times for our world. xo Diana

Marge in Michigan said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Lynne. Your arrangements are lovely and so is pretty Oakland. Enjoy your time at the lake with family. Hugs to you!