Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

CIVILITY . . .


I posted this picture on Facebook the other day
several comments 
someone made a comment
“I can’t say they were all great presidents
so what does it matter.”

for me it mattered because I saw and felt respect
it mattered because I saw them regarding each other
it mattered because I felt civility
it mattered because I liked what I saw
and I used it as my cover photo

why are we so quick to jump on something
to tear down
and not try to build up

not all of those in the picture were my favorites
I didn’t dislike them though 
some were my favorites
a simple like

to my knowledge, it wasn’t a photo op picture
it was presidents and wives being in the same place, same time
and someone took a picture
they were together In
conversation
having a something in common moment

can’t that just be nice 







8 comments:

This N That said...

I ook it the same way you posted it..We are not living in a kind world or a very positive one for that matter..I try to think twice now when I comment or post something..This world is out of control and in a downward spiral I'm afraid..I'll say it again "I'm glad I'm old!!" Hugs

DoubleUpFarm said...

I love this photo - and oh to be a fly on that wall ...

Kim said...

Always be kind...that's what I was taught, what I have taught my children and how they behave. The comments I have seen on Facebook lately are just getting worse and worse...I do hope it changes. I miss civility. Hoping you are well...

Karen Lakis said...

When I read negative comments I often think to myself, just because social media gives a platform to voice an opinion doesn’t mean it should be voiced. But, knowing when to filter seems to be an art many people haven’t mastered. I actually see hope in the photo. It reminds me that it is possible to set aside differences and treat each other with respect. Good for you for posting it!

Michelle said...

I LOVE this photo!! So much negativity in the world right now :(

Beth at PlantPostings said...

I couldn't agree with you more, on everything that you said. I hope we will soon be in a better situation with our country's leadership. If not, we will fail.

Marge in Michigan said...

AMEN to your post, Lynne. You are so right! Hugs to you!

Retired Knitter said...

The age we live with in ... sometimes it is depressing. I happen to like that picture. People just being people ... who happen to have shared a life experience but we’re probably just talking about the weather.