Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2020

SUZIE . . .


Tell Your Stories 
How Else Would You Ever Know

July 4th, a few years back . . .
We were living near Milwaukee, in the suburb of West Allis, Wisconsin.
In the early morning, Gary, Scott, (fully pregnant, ready to deliver me,)
hurried down the road, to watch the Ringling Brothers Circus Train, 
as they traveled into Milwaukee for the big July 4th Parade.  
(Surely, hot sun, standing, walking would spur me on to deliver you!)  
(Not quite yet!)

To top it off we ended our day at a Drive-In theater in Milwaukee, 
for Scott to watch Born Free.  
Scott fell asleep on the bed we made for him in the back 
while we watched  Doctor Zhivago.

Next day arrived, I kinda knew something was churning 
and sure enough, off we went to the hospital, late afternoon of July 5.
And you, Susan Guinon (Gordon at the time) were born at 1:06 am, 7.6.1967.   
Fast delivery, healthy, happy baby, the beginning of 
 “My Little July Firecracker, Susan Kay Gordon story.”

So many stories from then until now.  
You have been quietly independent and determined from the “get go” 
and you continue to amaze me with your way of keeping things “in check!  
You do and are, everything for Mike, Tyler, Jordon, Oakland and family.  

I am wishing you the best, happiest, birthday ever.  
I like nothing more than spending a few hours of your Birth Day with us being together.  
I love our plan, shop, not find a thing, go for lunch and have some Slainte’ time.  
Suzie, Suzie, SUZIE, I love, Love, LOVE you! 
love
mom












8 comments:

babs said...

Happy birthday Susie!

This N That said...

Happy Birthday Susie..Beautiful just like her Mom...

Marge in Michigan said...

Beautiful daughter, equally beautiful Mom! Happy Birthday to Suzie!

Jeanie said...

Happy Birthday to Suzie. And what a fabulous tribute from one loving mom! Here's to many more celebrations.

MarmePurl said...

Happy Bith Day to your lovely daughter!

Furree Katt said...

Happy birthday to her xxx

Sketchbook Wandering said...

I was so moved reading your story, and of your love for your duaghter...You all are beautiful!

Retired Knitter said...

What a lovely post! And I missed it when it was published! Glad I peaked back a day!