Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

The Gift Of Time . . .

rambling here, stay with me 
I went flower picking 
which means, time for flower play


flowers, paints, books
 seem to be my daily happenings of late
my art room is in the kitchen
two island drawers full
easy to pull things out 
and go at it


watercolor paint, acrylic
depends on the day
brushes, paper, canvas, pens
shattered wood pieces, flat stones

if it is not
playing with flowers 
it is 
watercolor or reading 


two reading speeds for this gal 
not reading much or constantly reading
right now
constant


I have painted this several times
repeating a painting 
stimulates learning
for me anyway

Jeanie from 
The Marmelade Gypsy
and 
Vista Print 
taught me how to make cards 
from my photographs and watercolor 
what fun that is 


just thought you would like to know
what I do
when I am not outdoors
mowing, plant tending, 
or picking up sticks from windy storms
after steamy, buggy weather

or when I am with “Mister Irish”
out and about
enjoying sunset rides
dinner out

BTW 
he is driving, he has his own new/old car 
Life Is Good 

and of course laundry, cooking baking
visiting and coffee with friends
leg/arm exercises on flat surfaces each morning
walking as much as I can
they are a major part of my days as well

enjoy your weekend 
‘til next time
love
lynne










14 comments:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Very beautiful, and so creative. The gift of time is indeed precious. :)

Mary in Colorado said...

I love this painting!!!!You should sell your cards!!! I ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS….MARY IN COLORADO

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

The cards are so lovely! Your days sound heavenly to me.

Kim said...

Lovely, Lynne! SO glad to hear you are both doing well!

Jeanie said...

Glad all is going well for Mister Irish. And I really love your new Vistaprint card based on your painting. It's so cheerful -- it's a keeper!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I am so glad that life is good, I know the road has been a bit bumpy to get to where you are now! ❤❤

I love your cards and how you are taking time to home into your creative and artistic side! I have no such talent, trust me, I know, so I admire and cheer everyone one on, like you, who does!

This N That said...

Glad things are good!! Sounds like you are doing all the right, fun things..When I used to do a lot of stamping a floor to ceiling cabinet in my kitchen was designated for my stamps..Ink pads, paper, etc. was kept in a cart or two in a hall closet and got rolled into the kitchen..Great access to water and flat surfaces..Perfect..Fun to be creative..I don't do much anymore..no room..We finally got rid of the 90's...Yay Have a happy Sunday..

Karen Lakis said...

The gift of time... the best gift! I love that you've made your art into a card, too. Lovely!

Devon said...

What a clever thing to do with your pretty pictures. I am new to your blog, but enjoying it very much. Creativity is so refreshing!

NanaDiana said...

Just playing a bit of catch up here. Glad hubby is driving his new/old car. I love that you have so many hobbies and things you like to do. I am like you with the reading- all in or not reading at all. lol. xo Diana

Michelle said...

I have the same two reading speeds. I am in a reading funk right now and have three books waiting on me!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Late to the party but, beautiful Lynne .... I'm the same when it comes to reading ..... I either read the whole book and can't put it down or it takes me ages depending on what I am doing !!! XXXX

Marge in Michigan said...


It's so good to see a post from you, Lynne, and I'm happy to hear Mr. Irish is doing so well. Your watercolors are beautiful, as is your yard. Hubby & I have been busy in our yard too, readying things for you-know-what's-coming! Hugs to you!

barb said...

It sounds like a very good life.