Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Meijer Gardens & Sculpture . . .

We were on a mission to see the 
BUTTERFLIES


It was a 
Rainy Saturday to visit the 
Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
We knew some of the butterflies were hatching.
Many sculptures have been added to the gardens.  




There were long lines inside to wait to see the butterflies.
It seemed like it must have been “family day” 
because there were MANY families!  





Great grandson Elijah’s mom, Elise Marie, 
invited us to meet them at this park. 
“Mister Irish” dropped me off at the new main entrance
and he took off to the Apple Store
to have some problems taken
care of on two of our devices.  



I enjoyed the large area of inside gardens 
that were filled with green plantings, 
perennials, bushes, tulips and others.  
Plus the search for 
Caterpillars and Chrysalis
was great fun.


It was great to be together with Elijah and Elise.  
Elijah liked “the blue” butterflies and enjoyed 
following them flying around, I enjoyed them too.


Elijah also liked the waterfalls plus stepping 
on each of the designs on the floors!


The last time I was there was when 
great grand Oakland was about two.  
Many changes in 5-6 years!
How fortunate I am to spend time with 
children, grand and great grand children. 

This final picture is one that was 
taken at a friends house.
She has been raising Monarchs and 
I was a lucky one
when my friend was releasing 
one of the Monarchs.
It perched on my finger for a bit.
A treasured moment.


I’ll be back soon.
love
lynne 


6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I haven't been to Meijer Garden in ages. Your traveling companions were delightful and so were the photos!

This N That said...

Loved your pictures..you with the butterfly...that's a keeper..We have butterfly gardens in Hershey and I have never been there..Thanks for sharing your pictures..The Tulip is beautiful..Hugs

Yvonne said...

You had a very nice outing. I've been to a butterfly garden only once, but it was enchanting to be there. I think it was neat that you got there while some of the chrysalis hadn't hatched yet. I especially like the garden curly cue with the two Monarch chrysalis' attached.

Kerin said...

What a nice post!
You and your great~Grand...wonderful times together!
The gardens are beautiful; thanks for sharing them with us.

Smiles :)
~K.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love this post and am envious of being able to visit such a magical, mystical and beautiful place! One thing that I love is that the kids get to learn about their importance and conservation of their habitat too! And I love that beautiful picture of you! ❤❤

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Oh, that monarch moment is a treasure! You are so fortunate to have grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and to be able to visit with them regularly. Happy spring!