Pages

Friday, March 25, 2022

Needle Felting . . .

 I Tried Needle Felting Yesterday
Surprisingly strange how relaxing it is to 
press a needle repeatably into a ball of wool and turn it to shape.  
I found it somewhat like molding shaping with clay.  


Plus it was wonderful to spend 
an afternoon again with my 
“watercolor friends.” 
We chatted, laughed and visited about life.
We each made a bunny 
(I made cookies too!)


Needle Felting information can be 
found on line, You Tube videos 
and on Pinterest. 


Besides learning this new craft
I have been on a reading marathon 
since the first of the year.  
Someone mentions a book to me 
and off I go to my local library.
Sometimes I have to order books
and my “Mister Irish” goes to pick them up!  
He is the “best errand, picker upper ever!”
(I am not a fan of errands or grocery shopping!)



My “reads” of late are most often mystery. 
Plus I have read the entire 
Stephanie Plum, Janet Evanovich series.
Her books are a bit “colored” 
so not a read if you are faint of heart.  
I find them mindless and a relief from dreadful news.
Plus, they make me laugh out loud, 
Lulu and granny are “hoots!”


PLUS 
basketball is my favorite sport 
so I am into this 
March Madness.  
I will miss my Michigan teams 
no longer in the “madness” 
but plenty left to watch 
and cheer on.  

Next week will
keep me outdoors cleaning 
the winters sticks, leaves, mess.
(If the rains stay away!
And then on to April.


I will be back soon though, 
love
lynne 
❤️



8 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Needle felting. I know a number of people are enjoy that hobby. I might just have to give that one a try!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I never heard of that craft but it look like fun to do Lynn. Have a great weekend.

Jeanie said...

I knew you'd like needle felting! It's such fun and a good stressbuster. If you need any additional needles, email me. Happy to send some along! Your bunny is darling -- I might have to try one like that.

Looks like loads of reading. Did you get the snow this weekend? It won't last but it is the pretty, sticky kind. The birds are packing down the seed.

Love your nest and egg. Hugs.

MarmePurl said...

I have always wanted to try needle felting. Looks like fun!

This N That said...

I tried needle felting years ago and it seems to me that it was not a hobby that would stick with me. Cute bunnies I don’t know when you find time to read but glad you are enjoying your books. My husband used to do all the errands to. I think it’s because they’re bored. My husband used to think going to the grocery store was a social event. Happily for me! Have a good week. Hugs

Beth at PlantPostings said...

How fun; I've never heard of needle felting before. Very cute!

Kerin said...

Good job with the needle felting! Your sweet little bunny is adorable.
I love to read a good book, especially a good mystery book.

Have a great rest of your week.

~K.

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne. Catching up with you here. I always appreciate book recommendations.