Pages

Monday, April 4, 2022

Will Spring Ever Arrive . . .

 We are still feeling like winter around here.
It snowed off and on the entire weekend.  

The only springtime promise I can find is
Sunflower Hearts
It is the first time I have purchased the hearts.
The Finch families have overtaken the feeders, they LOVE the hearts!
No picking through to get food, just one easy peasy heart feeder! 

The Cardinals are still around but I think 
they prefer more quiet instead of this new busy!  



GG Oakland came for a visit this past weekend.  
We painted watercolor and acrylics.  
Oh my does this little gem love all kinds of creativity.
And she has a mind of her own and her own style.
I listened to her read me a book, 
made her favorite spaghetti with parmesan cheese,
listened to her sing
went for ice cream
and
she never wore out
but GG sure did



She has never been much of a doll person
but on this visit she brought a Barbie doll.
First I knew she even had one.
So when bedtime arrived, we had to get Barbie ready for bed too.  
Barbie had a backpack, sleeping bag and her own camera! 
What fun it was to have some Barbie time with Oakland.  


Total delight!
I am amazed at how fluent she is with reading.
She is seven, soon to be eight
and the teacher in me recognized immediately
that she is reading far above her grade level.  
And on top of that she loves to write and draw.


Such a joy she is! 



Looking forward to a real spring, bunnies, eggs too.




Put out a cheer for us here in Michigan 
for some warmer days and
a few sightings of tulips and things. 

Happy Spring
be well my friends
love
lynne 







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS is what I was waiting for! Makes my heart happy to see/hear/anticipate a new Season! So much love and positivity portrayed in your writings and pictures....Jewel

Jeanie said...

It snowed this morning here. I am getting VERY tired of it! Oakland is such a cutie and very artistic. I love that you can do this together. Do you think we'll ever see spring-to-stay?

MarmePurl said...

Seven? How is that possible already?! What a gift you are to each other.

Kerin said...

She is a genius! Hard to believe that she is seven already!!
Yes. Spring will come, and all the delights of spring too.
It does feel as though spring is taking its own sweet time this year.
Maybe we'll appreciate it more, though I would appreciate it plenty, right now..*haha**!


Smiles :)
~K.

This N That said...

Spring...next week!!! Enjoy...Glad you had that time with Oakland..can't believe she's seven already!!

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Yes, spring sure is slow this year. Sigh. Your grandkids and great-grandkids are so photogenic. Wishing for a warm up for both of us!

Retired Knitter said...

Time with Children just can’t be beat!!