Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Let Me . . .







This post has nothing 
to do about me 
and yet 
IT HAS EVERYTHING 
to do about me 
and my family.  

Many years ago 
my high school son and his high school girlfriend, 
gave birth to a little girl. 
They made a decision for her to be adopted a few days after her birth.  
There was love, there was joy, there was sadness, there was the unknown.   
There was the unrest, insensitivity, fear,
keeping it hidden, shame, secrecy, 

Two young beautiful children,
facing a future with a decision that would affect the rest of their lives. 
I remember thinking too much about me and not enough about them.
I look back with regret, not that a beautiful child was born,
but questioning how much I was absent in the support they needed.  
There they were, left to “go on” like nothing had happened,   
Today I feel overcome with feeling, such a loss it was for each of them.  
Please forgive me for not being more considerate, for being blind,
unforgiving, for pretending everything was ok. 

We carried on through bumps, bruises, wonder, judgement.  
Two exceptional beautiful children, created a precious child.  
Life went on, football games, cheerleading, dances, prom, 
basketball games, band concerts, graduation, school happenings.
Life continued.

My son Scott never stopped wondering and wanting.  
He wrote letters, he contacted Bethany services often. 
He was trying to find his way and finding her seemed to be his passion.  
Later on, Scott married and his son was born and a few years after, his daughter. 
He continued to wonder, always talked about his “first daughter.” 
And every once in awhile, he would think about, talk about, “finding her.”
Now Scott’s children are building their own lives, 
homes, weddings, dogs, college, work etc.

Little grandson Elijah sparks up Scott’s life!  
He loves that “little bounce of a gem.”  
(Thought you’d enjoy seeing the Scott, grandpa, Elijah pictures above. ) 
(Me too, I love looking little!)
~ ~ ~
But . .. this is why I am writing this post. 
On Sunday, February 23, 2020, mid afternoon, Scott called me/us
“Are you sitting down?”

Scott’s 36 year old first daughter contacted him.  
She connected with her birth mom a few days before Scott. 
These are Happy, Happy Days My Friends
Thankful for her searching out though Ancestry and DNA.

Here is the message Scott put on Facebook. 


I have some good news many of you know I have been searching for my daughter we gave up for adoption at birth. I met a few obstacles and possibly upset some people the last time I put this on Facebook so I turned it over to GOD and took a break from searching.  But today I got a message from someone claiming she was my daughter and through some messaging back and forth discovered it wasn’t a scam and it was really her!!!   So my prayers have been answered.  She is a beautiful young women with a daughter and husband and we have been messaging back n forth. I want to say thank you to anyone who supported me and wanted to share the good news!! Love you all and have a good night.

 tell next time, 
love
lynne 

15 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


So happy for your son - may they (and you!) enjoy a wonderful newfound relationship from here on out.

Brenda said...

What a lovely, beautiful story. Imagine...what a son you have...He is absolutely wonderful. Mother had me at 15, divorced quite soon...met birth father age 17...never in my life-his choice...I admire your son tremendously. this is a Hallmark movie or at the least, a beautiful memoir.

Marge in Michigan said...


I am so very happy for your son and for you too, Lynne! Your story was very touching and it took tremendous bravery on your part to bare your thoughts & feelings here. You have a son to be proud of! May the days ahead be the kind Scott has wanted for himself and his 'first daughter.' Sending hugs to you!

laixinjie said...

Happy for your son-may they (and you!) Enjoy a wonderful newfound relationship from now on!custom made blankets

From the Kitchen said...

This brought me much joy to read this morning! Thank you for sharing.

Best,
Bonnie

Karen Lakis said...

This is such wonderful news! Your family must be so very happy to meet your son’s first daughter (your granddaughter!) When you look back, try to treat yourself with kindness. I have no doubt that you were doing what you felt was best at the time. Things happen, life continues on and wonderful things happen again.

This N That said...

So happy for everyone..This should help with the regrets..Everyone did what they thought was right in their hearts at the time..Life has shown you that it was OK and everything turned out in the best possible way..Hugs..

MarmePurl said...

Pure joy all around. My heart soars for each and every one of you.

Jeanie said...

This is so glorious. Oh, my heart is singing for you and Scott and all who are so eager to welcome this woman into your world. I can feel the love. I hope you get to meet. I am elated.

Retired Knitter said...

Don't beat yourself up! We only get "smart" at our age, Lynne. I look back and see mistakes I made and cringe! How very very wonderful that this grand daughter had the same feeling of wanting to know as your son did. God's hand at work for sure. Let Joy fill the void of 36 years. So happy for all of you.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What an amazing story and I'm very happy for you and your son! My two children are adopted. We had an "open" adoption, which I've always felt good about. We maintain contact with the birth family members, and even though my children are adults now, the birth family continues to be part of their, and our, lives.

Kim said...

Lynne, I have tears and chills...how wonderful for everyone involved. And my mother always said, it's easy to look back and judge, but in the moment everyone does the best they can. Big hugs my friend!!

Andrea Charles said...

You made my day Lynne! This post has been a positive reassurance that whatever is ours, shall eventually find its way back to us, no matter how much time or space separates us. Much love to your beautiful and blessed family! Sweet Elijah's photos are the cutest by the way. Do check https://www.bloghasting.com/ for ideas on bridal make-ups.

Linda said...

I have never read anything so heartfelt and honest Lynne...such a happy ending, to a very long story...I sure hope you all get to meet each other...
Sending hugs to you and your family...💛
Cheers!
Linda :o)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love this! How wonderful when prayers are answered and what a blessing that a piece that was missing from your son has been put into place. These are different times than they were "way back then" and I know that if all of us could turn back time, we would all do things differently - don't get me started on what I would change!

But all my best coming to your family and your son as he gets to know his “first daughter” and build a relationship that brings them close to one another.