Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2022

“Birding With Jules” . . .

 Saturday afternoon,
after the parade
my friend and teacher 
phoned me asking if I wanted to go
“birding” with her.  

First of all, 
I was sure we would stay in the car, 
because of our very cold 
13 degree brisky windy weather.   

Secondly, this gal 
knows her birds, 
knows her haunts
and her camera is like the one I plan 
on purchasing soon.  

Off we go!
 road after road
path after path
we traveled.

Not many “view catches”
but I was learning a bunch 
and the conversation 
and laughter
was priceless.  

We saw many Canadian Geese in the sky
and then caught a bunch settling in the ponds.


“Jules” saw some ducks.
Goldeneyes she says.  


She found these with her naked eye and 
she scrolled in with her camera to check them out.  
Here is what they look like above and the picture following 
Is what she “spotted” as we rode along.  


Not sure how she does it!
My eyes aren’t that keen! 
She also saw some Meadow Larks, Horned Larks and Redpolls.
Not able to get any good pictures of them
but here is what they look like.  


Horned Lark


Redpoll
(I do have these who visit my feeders.)


Meadow Lark 
~
Such a treat to see, watch, learn.
“Jules” is a great teacher.  
and I am enjoying our friendship.

‘til next time
love 
lynne 





3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Lynne, your photos are wonderful, especially of those birds. You must have a wonderful zoom -- or very good cropping. Either way, they're terrific!

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Wow, wonderful sightings! Birding is fun, even though my knowledge of species is limited. What a great friend you have. :)

This N That said...

LOL...She "zoomed" in with her camera..Camera speak!! Great sightings.She has the eyes of a photographer..It's amazing how taking pictures makes one see things differently..Have a happy day..